Ok, I just noticed this problem today. I was playing a scale and I realized that especially my pinky finger will touch the string under it when I play the scale. I.E. If if play a D major scale starting on the 7th fret of the G string, my ring and pinky fingers will touch the strings under them(the ones closer to the floor) as I play up the scale. I hope this makes sense. Maybe its not a big deal. I just wanna make sure. If it is a problem, what can I do about it? Thanks alot.
Don't worry, It'll heal itself in while. Practise makes perfect, soon you'll naturally control your pinky better.
...you mean you're playing the wrong notes?
then you need to be playing slower and concentrating on the right ones
No, I'm not playing the wrong notes. I'm fretting the right notes, it's just that the "pads" on the tips of my fingers barely touch the strings directly underneath them.
well that's a good thing. that means you're naturally muting the strings you're not playing.
not a problem at all.
Oh ok lol. In that case I guess it is a good thing. I didn't even think about that lol.
Quote by BluesLP1990
well that's a good thing. that means you're naturally muting the strings you're not playing.
not a problem at all.

I second that. Doing this will keep your tone much cleaner than those who don't. You can also try doing some muting of the strings you aren't playing with your picking hand (maybe a little more advanced but useful to know).
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.