so in class today i heard an interesting piece of news... it may be just happening in idaho (or trying to be passed in idaho) that the gov't is gonna give 2000 dollars to students that test drug free to use for college...
it hasnt been passed yet, but i think its a good idea
i mean... i dont do any drugs (i get drunk once in a while)
and i could use that money...

the teacher said it may be 2000 dollars per year or per semester... but theyll test you in college too.

this sounds great.

anyone heard about this?
your thoughts on it?
would be cool, but i don't see them trying it here in FL
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Just go without drugs for about 6 days before the test and its an easy 2000 for college.
I don't do drugs

I say this because my friend did a dumb thing and smoked weed a couple days before our high school blood drive(which he participated in)
Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.

Cool.
Last edited by dylpikle9 at Feb 14, 2008,
What about the people who smoke Marijuana for medical purposes?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

i dont do drugs and would love to get 2000 for free, dylpikle9 makes a good point, im sure theres plenty of people who could fool the system
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Yeah poeple could easily pass the drug tests though and get an easy $2000 - not a great idea imo.... still good for students tho!
idk... it may be a national thing
i dont know

but yeah.
i think its a great idea
but seriously
is society getting that bad that the gov't has to pay you to do the right thing(s)?

to dylpikle:
its probably waaay random... im sure theyre not gonna just tell you what day theyre gonna test you so thay can give away 2 grand...
Quote by Vanquish

Idaho doesn't have any relaxed marijuana laws, so it wouldn't affect that state.
how is this gunna work considering marijuana gets flushed out of the system in like a week?
Quote by zippidyduda
Damn, you are the only august 06'er I know that has a brain! Congratulations!

Quote by SpedGangster
Ohgosh I have to agree with your sig. you really are the august 06er with a brain!

what can i say?

I'm the 100th Spartan
Quote by Vanquish

i doubt anyone in college has glaucoma.

i'd love to get this scholarship and continue to use drugs they can't test for, just for laughs.
Quote by Vanquish

i think thats besides the point tho
it's kinda like saying "oh you have a cold and take Benalyn, you phail"
and i don't think thats ever gonna happen anyways
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
that's awsome
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by AzureNight
Stupid. Good for the drug-free students I suppose, but unethical.

Not really if you think about incentives and externalities then it gives more students the incentive to be drug free
Last edited by [Sniper] at Feb 14, 2008,
Quote by TonyRandall

to dylpikle:
its probably waaay random... im sure theyre not gonna just tell you what day theyre gonna test you so thay can give away 2 grand...

You sir, have a point.
Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.

Cool.
This would be way easy to bypass. Just binge smoke all you want and stop for about a week.

There's an easy $2000 for your efforts.
Hmm, Idaho is just a state over...but then again I would probably pay a lot more for tuition than that per year for being an out of state student.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
sure, why not? For all the people saying "omg wut a stoopid idea drugs are great", what difference to you? Either way you wont get money, so don't be selfish and try to say no one else should get any.
I don't know how much money the US has to throw around, though. But then again we're in debt a few billion anyways, so what's a few more gonna do
I'd just wait until I got my 2,000 bucks and then I'd buy $2000 worth of Weed, Shrooms, Acid, etc and go balls out.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

lame.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Vanquish
I'd just wait until I got my 2,000 bucks and then I'd buy $2000 worth of Weed, Shrooms, Acid, etc and go balls out.

its for college
strictly...
its probably like a check to the college your going to go to for things like books and crap
it might be a good idea, but i highly doubt its gonna pass
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by lateraluspiral
lame.

strong argument. it changed my mind on the issue completely.
I don't smoke weed anyway, so if they introduce this in Massachusetts that'll be great for me.
Sounds like america is just trying another approach to control and divide people.

"Okay Mr. Junkie, since you've failed your 14th drug test, I suggest you rethink your habits and become like myself; clean, law-abiding, and drug-free. You don't want to be ignorant and without a career do you?"

****ing suits.
Quote by rush5757
strong argument. it changed my mind on the issue completely.

so
This really looks like a deep hole that they are attempting to fill by throwing money at it.
Damn that would be sweet. I haven't done any drugs in my life so I'd love to have this over here in CA.
This thread reeks of FAIL. Because I smoke marijuana once a month and like to do ecstasy once in awhile I get cheated out of money? I guarantee you I can still get better grades and work harder then half the people who are drug free. Not to mention, you can get drunk every night and still qualify? How is that fair? I mean alcohol is the drug that screws around with college students the most. Why should marijuana or other drug users have to take the fall? Get it through your heads that drug use is not unethical, and it is up to the person using to ensure that they moderate intake and keep their priorities straight so they emerge from university in control of their life. This scholarship is highly unethical and I wouldn't want some drug-free prudes who are proud of the fact they're clean to get free money.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Feb 14, 2008,
Quote by TonyRandall

but yeah.
i think its a great idea
but seriously
is society getting that bad that the gov't has to pay you to do the right thing(s)?

Doing drugs is the right thing...

Don't believe me? Go listen to music.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
i dont do any drugs (i get drunk once in a while)

Hmm? Hate to break it to you, but alcohol is a drug.
Well, looks like I won't be getting money that way in college...
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them