Ive been focusing on my bending technique recently. My question is when bending do you bend right on the tips of your fingers? For me this seems like the best way that avoids the above strings slipping over my fingers. But this also seems the most harsh on my fingers and they keep getting tore up. Advice??
I use kinda the middle of my finger.
It is good to use three fingers so you can bend easy, (1,2, and 3) I usually use the middle of them I find it comfortable and it doesn't hurt. And the string wouldn't slide out.
I am The Great Cornholio !
I need T.P. for my bunghole !
I use my 3 predominant fingers to bend. No pinky. Its helps spread out the pressure the tips and so you can bend farther and longer w/o as my much pain and tension of using one finger. But its gonna hurt either way. I mean think about: your pushing a piece of wire against where it naturally wants to sit, so its gonna dig into your skin cuz it wants to stay in the potential place its at. Build callouses and the pain will go away. Your fingers will still get torn up tho.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

If you carry on doing it, your fingers will form callouses, then it'll feel alright - position wise, i use just below the tips of my fingers, not too high, not too low.
i tend to use just below the tip of the finger

and that the tearing of your fingers is becuase they're not used to it. it will go away soon when they harden
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I do the same thing I just have callouses from playing the acoustic before the electric guitar
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Super epic win. I love you now
Made siggable

Nice. now I'll be suing you.