ok, so im getting a new amp, and i have about $400-$450 to spend. BUT, i dont really know what to get. it needs to be tube, and i want it to be good for SRV sounding blues, classic rock, and hard rock as well. thanks
Hmmm, you could probably get a used combo for that price range. How many watts do you want?
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Used Peavey Classic 30 I think. Maybe an OD pedal aswell if you can get some extra money together.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Used Peavey Classic 30 I think. Maybe an OD pedal aswell if you can get some extra money together.

Thats what im saving for because my amp sucks ass
Btw the classic 30 is amazing, its mentioned so much because it really is a good amp.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Check out the Peavey Classic 30 and the Crate Palomino V32. Both are amazing for blues and classic rock. You should consider a decent OD as well when you have the cash for one. You'll need it for hard rock. And the Classic 30 will have to be used, a new one would be out of your price range.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
yeah i was looking at the classic 30 online, but i havent been able to try one out because all the guitar shops in my area are closing. now the closest one is 60 miles away and i cant drive.. and thanks, im definitely gonna have to make it to GC somehow and check it out.
Yeah, like Bpags said, the C30 and V32 are excellent (and were built for that kind of sound).

I've gotten a pretty close SRV impersonation from my V32. It can do all the classic rock (especially with an OD pedal).
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--