Page 1 of 2
Alright, so I was scratching my neck and I felt a bump, curious I started pushing it and squeezing it and realized it wasn't part of my neck, it's just a bump growing under the skin in my neck. It's not bone or anything since like I said, it moves and is squeezable. I'm going to be telling my Dad when he gets home from class, and theres not one on the other side of my neck either, so I don't know if it's a gland or not.

Anyone have any idea?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
fenrir you legendary legend man

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai
Maybe there's a connection between intelligence and obesity? Hmmmmm...

Kefka of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
I have this weird thing on my hip that sounds similar to that, its blueish kinda. But one day when I'm bored enough I'm gonna cut it out to see if the government planted a computer chip in me.
The Pit is not a place for medical diagnosis.

But yeah, you might wanna get that checked out by a professional.
Jugular? i doubt it, you'd know if you felt your jugular.

monitor it over a few weeks, if you notice any changes or get any mild pains, boom, go to the doctor.
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
how big is it?

could it be a spot? or a cyst?

You're far too young for a tumour unless you've got genetic predisposition.

I wonder how many "it iz t3h AIDS" posts will be up by the time I post this?

EDIT: none, new pit record!
Thyroid.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
might be a cyst, i had one a couple years ago, just go to a doctor ASAP (not liek crazy urgent your gonna die, but make an apointment for as soon as you can) just get it checked out they'll tell you
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Just take it to a luthier and see if he can't sand it down.

...Too much time in GB&C.

I've got a lump in my arm. I've had it since 6th grade. I went to the doctor in 8th grade for checkups, they said the lump would be gone in a couple weeks, I probably just had a BB or something in my arm. 2 years later, it's still there. But, I'm not dead yet, and I've had it for 4 years atleast.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by freedoms_stain
how big is it?

could it be a spot? or a cyst?

You're far too young for a tumour unless you've got genetic predisposition.

I wonder how many "it iz t3h AIDS" posts will be up by the time I post this?

EDIT: none, new pit record!

nobody is too young for a tumor

everyone deserves a tumor

i wish i could give tumors to all the little boys and girls.....

And Jared Fogle can give them AIDS....
Yeah, was planning on doing that,(seeing the doctor) no spot or redness in the area. Just a huge lump in my neck that feels funny and is fun to push around.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai

Kefka of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Sebaceous cyst.

I'll bet you $20 that's what it is.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
it's your lymphnodes(sp?) buddy. It's a small bump thats sort of squishy and moves around a little? They rise up when (i'm fairly sure on this) when trying to prevent you from getting sick. You only need to worry if it turns into a hard bump, then you need some meds for it.
Quote by CORT noob
Just take it to a luthier and see if he can't sand it down.

...Too much time in GB&C.

lol x 10
"Maybe it's a Tumah!?!"

"IT'S NOT A TUMAH!!!!"

or maybe it actually is, who knows

hey, try grabbing a pointy knife and just STAB AS HARD AS YOU CAN on the bump, that SHOULD fix it right away
if it is in the front it could be your adams apple

In the back your spine

on the sides....DEATH
It's on the side, and my dad just said it's most likely my lymph node (as that other guy also said) I'm just gunna watch it and see what it does. If it's not gone in a week I'm going to the doctors.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai

Quote by fenrir182
It's on the side, and my dad just said it's most likely my lymph node (as that other guy also said) I'm just gunna watch it and see what it does. If it's not gone in a week I'm going to the doctors.

If the bumps are almost directly under your ear then yes, it is your lymphnodes, I have been to doctor 2-3 times because of them. They are still there just a lil smaller, you only need to worry if they are REALLY big and stiff instead of moveable.
I Think i t its a lymphnode, you know the ones that tries to stop infektions from spreading to the whole body when getting sick.
They can varey in size and sometimes the other can be bigger then the other.
You got pretty many of these, you have them in the neck, in the armpits, in the groin, the chest and a couple i the stomache. so when you get sick you can feel they are swelling, thats becouse they are destroying all the bacterias that are trying to get from the infected place to the rest of the body.

So it is not dangerous, it's very normal actuallt. I once had glandular fever, and then they can swelle to enormouse sizes. I was lucky and i was just sick for a couple of weeks, If you're not lucky you can be in bed for half of a year. One guy actually died of it becouse he got the wrong treatment at the hospital not very long ago.

Anywas, It is a completely normal thing you got and you should be glad you've got it!
Må Den Svarta Älgen Ta Er!
just cut it off mate, use an ice skate. I hear they're great for cutting.
Dart of the Dragoons Pm big_deth to join
Bubonic Plague!!!
██████████████████████████████
OH MY F*CKING GOD IT'S HERPES!

No, honestly, I don't know.
BITCH, IMA LEAD FARMER

Read 'Em =]
-----------------------------------
[thread="1177989"]Unwanted[/thread]
[thread="1179087"]Rude Awakening[/thread]
It's probably just a large pimple like thing. I've seen / have had this before. It's probably nothing serious, just leave it alone and wash the area to keep oils and such off it so it won't get any worse. If you're really worried, just get it checked out.
Quote by Chobes
I have this weird thing on my hip that sounds similar to that, its blueish kinda. But one day when I'm bored enough I'm gonna cut it out to see if the government planted a computer chip in me.

I've got the exact same thing... I'm going to cut it out one day soon, could be an unborn sibling. Hopefully will be a chip so I can enter an action movie and get revenge on The Company with unnecessary gunfights and wicked assassinations.
I have the same thing on the left side of my neck
about 2cm under my jaw it isnt on the others side
and it moves and is squeezy
i was reading all of the other posts and was about to lose faith in humanity...

Quote by Svea_Trollblod
I Think i t its a lymphnode, you know the ones that tries to stop infektions from spreading to the whole body when getting sick.
They can varey in size and sometimes the other can be bigger then the other.
You got pretty many of these, you have them in the neck, in the armpits, in the groin, the chest and a couple i the stomache. so when you get sick you can feel they are swelling, thats becouse they are destroying all the bacterias that are trying to get from the infected place to the rest of the body.

So it is not dangerous, it's very normal actuallt. I once had glandular fever, and then they can swelle to enormouse sizes. I was lucky and i was just sick for a couple of weeks, If you're not lucky you can be in bed for half of a year. One guy actually died of it becouse he got the wrong treatment at the hospital not very long ago.

Anywas, It is a completely normal thing you got and you should be glad you've got it!

correct you are sir, you're bodies just trying to fight off some sort of virus or sickness in you and as a result your lymph nodes become enflamed and enlarged.

i once had that on the back of my neck and honestly thought it was cancer lol. good thing my dad's a doctor
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Its probably a cyst.
go to the doctor and have them drain it.
it doesnt hurt too bad if they do it right.
Quote by fenrir182
Alright, so I was scratching my neck and I felt a bump, curious I started pushing it and squeezing it and realized it wasn't part of my neck, it's just a bump growing under the skin in my neck. It's not bone or anything since like I said, it moves and is squeezable. I'm going to be telling my Dad when he gets home from class, and theres not one on the other side of my neck either, so I don't know if it's a gland or not.

Anyone have any idea?

Unless it is red and swollen, it's your lymph node. It's perfectly normal as long as it doesn't become hard. It's swells up when your body is fighting disease and such. Don't worry about it.
It will be a lymph node, nothing to worry about.
I know what you're thinking... You're thinkin' here comes old Gregg, he's a scaly man-fish...

Quote by civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.

thyroid gland, pimple, cyst, ,tumour, contusion, welt, not drinking enough water haha many things im a boyscout i suggest you get it checked out hahaha, but if its just a pussy cyst, smack it with the cover side of a book to pop it
dont smack it with a book....if its a tumor it could break it and make it spread.

i would just go to the doctor. that is what i did when i had a ganglion cyst on my wrist. they just poke you with a needle and squeeze out all of the gunk with shoot you up with some cortizone.
I had the same thing a few years ago. Went to the doctors, he just said it was a calcium deposit and it will go away on it's own..and it did.
well it's still here today, I'm going to the doctors sometime this week (he took this weekend off >.< It's not directly under my ear, it's about 3 cm or so under my jaw but on the right side of my neck. My teacher who's husband is a doctor said it could be my Thyroid.

Like I said, just going to get it checked out oh and James (Jetpelkey41) I am not going to use an ice skate to cut it out you bastard
Quote by Ichikurosaki

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai

Page 1 of 2