tatorbits
Beep Beep
667 IQ
I was watching the grammy awards the other night, and i noticed something. A lot of the songs featured in the show seemed to, in a way, revert back to the era of jazz and big band. With trumpets and dancers and all that good stuff. It looks like music is crossing over itself, just in a new modern form.

This got me thinking. Is there any chance that blues might make a comeback? John Mayer is already out there doing his thing, but the old generation of bluesmen are dying off (unfortunately ). So im hoping that a new generation of blues singers and guitarists will come up, and you know, help put blues back on the map. Pick up the pieced and make something new out of it. Maybe it wont be like the good ol' contemporary blues that we all know and love, but music evolves with time, so why should this be any different?

What do you guys think?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Mr.Cuddles
1,324 IQ
its been around since pre-slavery thats longer than alot of music, its lasted this long so it probly won't die any time soon...
alot lot of bands are blues influenced anyways
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
its been around since pre-slavery thats longer than alot of music, its lasted this long so it probly won't die any time soon...

Most if not all bands
tatorbits
Beep Beep
667 IQ
Quote by Mr.Cuddles

that's true. but it could use a lift. I mean SRV did it in the 80s, maybe it'll happen again.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Nick_
as I sd to my
38 IQ
Nothing comes back, ever.

Influences are rediscovered in a cyclical fashion but the world moves only forward.
linkinwayne
Banned
514 IQ
Pure delta blues will never be mainstream, but you can hear the influence of blues lives on everywhere. White Stripes, for instance, and they're bloody mainstream too.
Skippy_McNutty
Machine Gun Man
1,136 IQ
If it does make a "comeback" it'll mainly be because of John Mayer.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫
505 IQ
Quote by ze monsta
^ Lord help us.

Watch this.

And Read This.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
EddieCraig
189 IQ
Quote by Stratmaster458
dude White Stripes and Black Keys are fricken awesome blues

white stripes = gay
black keys = godly
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
i hope not. if blues is mainstream, it'll be a fashion statement like other genres.

Jack my swag
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
Quote by EddieCraig
white stripes = gay
black keys = godly

A band is "gay" ???
I take it you mean you don't like them, not they are homosexual.

Grow up.

Dimebag, it's just the perception of someone "leading" a type of music, I'd hate it to become that kinda image, which often happens it music. It makes it sound like no one else plays it, which is mental.

Last edited by ze monsta at Feb 19, 2008,