Hey I currently have been playing guitar for about 4 months. I have a Jackson DXMG and a Line 6 Spider 112 amp.

I want to expand my guitar collection, so Ive been looking at the Razorback series guitars. I just want your guys opinion on them. Im liking the Razorback Shards and the Explosion guitar.

I also like the Stealth two tone guitar, Just want some feedback on which guitar I should go with. I like playing some really heavy riffs and power chords. So Im thinking this guitar is for me I just want to make sure.

Thanks
you are paying money for a cool design and the name of the guitar, ive worked on about 6 this year. People buy them from the store, bring them in for new-guitar fret dress, setups, that stuff. they are really terrible guitars without spending 1-3 hundred on setups/fret dressing, rewiring (the stock wires are usually pretty ****ty).

thats just MYYY experience though, all the metal head douches out there will tell you soemthing different :
"OMGZ IT LYK ROX ITS S0 M3t@l!!11!!"
There is no point in a Razorback,V,Warlock,Etc. if you dont play on stage regularly.
Last edited by RandyRhoads2 at Feb 14, 2008,
hah alright looks like some of you made me change my mind a bit. I just have some money so maybe I guess Ill look into maybe some new gear. Like a Randall head and cab maybe eh? What do you think sounds good for mostly metal. I like Randall alot, what do ya think?
randall blows unless you go all out in price. Get a b-52 at-100. all tube. triple rectifier, about 500-600. 400 used. It will sound okay, get some high-end capacitor and tubes isntalled, wahlah, you gt yourself an amazing incredible versatile amp. I dont cae what any mesa/fender/orange heads say about b-52 tube amps blowing. With the right maintenance and care, they are rockin amps.
Dean guitars realy arnt the best so for metal i would look at a high end jackson

and for amps the orange tinny terror rules and is the best in its price range but for metal i would say save for jcm800 or jcm2000 bough great amps
I agree unless you play bass 4 months is quick i got a new guitar after a year and a half id say amps or effect pedal is the way to go
Quote by LP Addict
randall blows unless you go all out in price. Get a b-52 at-100. all tube. triple rectifier, about 500-600. 400 used. It will sound okay, get some high-end capacitor and tubes isntalled, wahlah, you gt yourself an amazing incredible versatile amp. I dont cae what any mesa/fender/orange heads say about b-52 tube amps blowing. With the right maintenance and care, they are rockin amps.

**** B-52. Seriously, my friend has one, I can't for the life of me get a serviceable tone out of it.

Find a used Peavey 5150 or 6505 combo.

But, before you do that, get good. Four months is hardly long enough to be playing on >$1000 equipment, by my 4th month my rig cost me a total of $40.
Dickless.
Dont get a half stack unless its full tube (those are like 3000$) so get a tube combo amp. If you like your Line 6 then get a Spider valve. Also look at Valvekings, B-52, ect.
As for guitars... definetly look at ESPs awsome guitars, and decently priced.
alright thanks for the feedback. Yeah I was just interested in what you guys thought I should do. Ive been practicing everyday for about an hour at least. Pentatonic Scales and all that.

Im very happy with my Jackson, its got tremolo and all that. I just bought a Randall RX20D practice amp. So we'll see how I like that. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
First of all if youve only been playing for 4 months, you really shouldnt be looking at a guitar of that level... Its a little much... Ever heard the saying (iom assuming since youve only been playing 3 months...) "your not good enough for that guitar" dude i know what yah feel like i was the exact same as you. Wait a little bit, trust me it will make it all the more worth it... The fun of have a dream is dreaming right? Once you accomplish your dream that fun is gone, but if you are gonna get it i would say its a great choice...
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Quote by LP Addict
you are paying money for a cool design and the name of the guitar, ive worked on about 6 this year. People buy them from the store, bring them in for new-guitar fret dress, setups, that stuff. they are really terrible guitars without spending 1-3 hundred on setups/fret dressing, rewiring (the stock wires are usually pretty ****ty).

thats just MYYY experience though, all the metal head douches out there will tell you soemthing different :
"OMGZ IT LYK ROX ITS S0 M3t@l!!11!!"

You know what? I don't see the big deal with the Razorback guitars. Yeah, they're overpriced. Yeah, they 'exploit' Dimebag Darrell. I mean they aren't really as bad as people here make them out to be. The only problem I can think of would be something to do with the Licensed Floyd Rose.

Quote by RandyRhoads2
There is no point in a Razorback,V,Warlock,Etc. if you dont play on stage regularly.

That's like saying there's no point in Stratocasters unless you play the blues.

Quote by LP Addict

Randall blows unless you go all out? You could get a Randall RG50TC, all valve amplifier for like 500 bucks. It tears the B-52 a new asshole IMHO.

Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
Dean guitars realy arnt the best so for metal i would look at a high end jackson

and for amps the orange tinny terror rules and is the best in its price range but for metal i would say save for jcm800 or jcm2000 bough great amps

What? What are they good for then? Jazz?

Most of them are obviously geared for Metal, I don't see how you came to that conclusion.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Little as I understand in guitars, I would recommend to stick with Jackson or go on Ibanez, or even Schecter, I'm just not a Dean fan
Quote by Creaz93
As for guitars... definetly look at ESPs awsome guitars, and decently priced.

+infinity thousand

esp, dont get dean. i dont know why mustaine went with dean :/
but anyways get esp. their ec-500 is a killer deal
Christ, a DXMG Jackson should last you for at least a year or more of playing. You've only been playing four months. All the gear you have is perfectly fine. The Spider is just a practice amp, and should do you fine for the time being. Worry about getting a new amp or guitar when you are actually a good player. Because at four months I doubt you can play a barre chord properly. The gear you have even now is past your league of playing, so just be happy with what you have.
Be cool.
First of all: Once you grow out of that "metal guitar" phase (Which you will) you'll hate the shape.

Second: It can ONLY play metal, and not as well as some guitars.

Third: The trem is garbage.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
First of all: Once you grow out of that "metal guitar" phase (Which you will) you'll hate the shape.

Second: It can ONLY play metal, and not as well as some guitars.

Third: The trem is garbage.

too late for advice, he already bought it. That poor, misguided SOB.
Be cool.
Quote by RandyRhoads2

actually IMO sitting down the razor back is one of the most comfortable guitars ever
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by jimzer
+infinity thousand

esp, dont get dean. i dont know why mustaine went with dean :/
but anyways get esp. their ec-500 is a killer deal

cause they make better guitars.
Quote by Techtonic
cause they make better guitars.

I'd take the ESP Dave Mustaine DV8 over his new Dean VMNT1 any day.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051

and I care because?

But anyways I would takes his new one becuase I tried both the esp and dean guitars at my local guitar shop and the Dean blow it away but I guess people have different opinions/taste in guitars.
Quote by Techtonic
and I care because?

because Dean does not make better guitars than ESP.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
because Dean does not make better guitars than ESP.

Thats your opinion.
Quote by thedude051

I'm not sure if you tried it personally because this livewire pickups own the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz set.He personally said that he liked his Dean better than any guitar in (feel and tone) he ever owned.
Quote by Techtonic
I'm not sure if you tried it personally because this livewire pickups own the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz set.He personally said that he liked his Dean better than any guitar in (feel and tone) he ever owned.

Esp is better especially when it comes to higher end guitars but razorback looks better

second of course he said that he's paid to say that hence he has a sig with them(Paid= you have to say you like it more than anything else)

this is the real world people lie for money and free stuff
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
dimebag is going to come back from the dead and kill you for buying such a crappy guitar with his name attached to it.
Quote by culkid
dimebag is going to come back from the dead and kill you for buying such a crappy guitar with his name attached to it.

the $1099 dime back is actually a nice guitar. i'm generally either ESP or Jackson no exceptions kinda person but i actually like the razorback. but i would probably put Bareknuckle pickups in it
-George Will

ESP's Navigators > any Dean anyday.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by BAoxymoron
Esp is better especially when it comes to higher end guitars but razorback looks better

second of course he said that he's paid to say that hence he has a sig with them(Paid= you have to say you like it more than anything else)

this is the real world people lie for money and free stuff

I disagree, I think that higher end guitars are better than other higher end guitars in different areas of genre styles.It is kind of stupid by saying that in general because I'm sorry but I doubt that you or me have tried every single Dean or ESP higher end guitar on the market.

So what you are saying is that every single musician that says that there new model of guitar is one of the greatest they ever played is a liar? and they say it because they are paid? I'm just wondering who are you to make that asumtion?how do you know that Dave Mustaine really means it?are you Dave Mustaine? I really doubt it.

Yes sir, You are right this is the real world... and someone people actually do it for the love of the instrument and I don't want to come off as an asshole but when you learn this you might understand professional artist more.