the head i want is a 50 watt marshall jvm head
other recommendations?
please no peaveys
nothing personal
but just don't want a wash of GET A 5150
under 1000
please and thanks
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
the head i want is a 50 watt marshall jvm head
other recommendations?
please no peaveys
nothing personal
but just don't want a wash of GET A 5150
under 1000
please and thanks

What do you play... Marshall voicing might not be what your looking for and if it is you might need something with higher gain...
ummm under a 1000, idon`t think your gonna find a JVM, they got a 100 watt JVM at the store and it`s $1800

The Line 6 100HD valve is like $980 new

but even used for me anyway it`s hard pressed tryin to find a tube marshall head for under 1000 used
Peavey makes other higher gain amps too you know, not just the 5150/6505....
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I know its a 100 watts but hell its a 800 just dont turn it up and the gain is not insane on it..

Musicgoround
MARSHALL JCM800 2203 LTD
$1349.99 SKU: U36002

Ebay
1983 MARSHALL JCM 800 2210 100 WATT AMP FREE SHIP W/BIN
Buy it now $1,050.00
look for used DSL 50s on ebay. Sooooo versitle and IMO the best amp marshall makes rite now
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I know its a 100 watts but hell its a 800 just dont turn it up and the gain is not insane on it..

Musicgoround
MARSHALL JCM800 2203 LTD
$1349.99 SKU: U36002

Ebay
1983 MARSHALL JCM 800 2210 100 WATT AMP FREE SHIP W/BIN
Buy it now $1,050.00

Get that JCM800 for only 50 more than your budget.

Or get a Carvin V3 if you need versatile and very good.
Ok, you want the Marshall tone but not the price tag. Ok, here is what you should do. Get this:

http://ceriatone.com/productSubPages/BSJCM800_2204/BSJCM800_2204Complete.htm

And this:

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

The Ceriatone is only 675 for the complete amp. Then you can save up for the Avatar if you need to. Do not use the MG cab with the JCM clone.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by zoomzilla
Ok, you want the Marshall tone but not the price tag. Ok, here is what you should do. Get this:

And this:

The Ceriatone is only 675 for the complete amp. Then you can save up for the Avatar if you need to. Do not use the MG cab with the JCM clone.

Very good find Zoom i was going to get one of there amps a while back and i keep forgetting to mention them on here...
Quote by zoomzilla

And this:

That would be great, but the shipping is pretty hefty. Still cheaper than the real thing with the same quality.
I am guessing he is in the US? 112 is not bad considering where it's coming from. Nik makes some killer amps. They sound just like Marshalls and you don't have to pay the ridiculous price tag.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV if you can find it used under $1k. They were going for like $800-900 for a while but they spiked up..
No chance he finds that for under a grand.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by zoomzilla
No chance he finds that for under a grand.

He can at least find it at $1200 - already spending a grand, why not save up a little extra to get the best (In my opinion of course)
Hmmm, I am not sure about that. The Dual recs are going for 1200 or better on Ebay.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by zoomzilla
Hmmm, I am not sure about that. The Dual recs are going for 1200 or better on Ebay.

Dual recs are different from Mark IV's, they've had varying price relationships with each other. The Mk IV could be +/- like $200 from that depending on what's popular at the moment

Either way, it's worth it to check out ebay or craigslist to see what you can find, I think.
Oh, I agree. I love the Mark IV, I just didn't want the OP to get his hopes up. Maybe he can find one that cheap, maybe not.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by zoomzilla
Oh, I agree. I love the Mark IV, I just didn't want the OP to get his hopes up. Maybe he can find one that cheap, maybe not.

He can definitely find one under $1000 if he looks hard enough.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by soccerdude3465
He can definitely find one under $1000 if he looks hard enough.

It's possible. One of my tricks is to mispell stuff intentionally, and see what you get. Generally, people who mispell what they sell on ebay don't know the value. Look for "Misa Merk VI" or something with varying combinations.

I found my WH-10 in a pawn shop for $40, and an old school, pre CBS fender tele by spelling it "stratacaster"
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
JCM 2000 DSL!

you can find them for cheap!
I bought mine for $600! (ebay)
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
i play rock/metal it seems i'm looking for a marshall tone
i don't need a lot of gain
in fact i've got pedals, so like maybe a good blues tone?
yeah a good blues tone on the od channel of it
is the dsl 50 used cheap?
also it has to work with the mg cab lol
that probably ruined it
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
look around for a mesa, look long enough, and one will appear, but some other things pop up too, i saw a framus cobra go for £300, and tube laney's go very cheap too, just have patience!
Best tube head for under a grand???..........New???........

In my opinion you'll be very hard pressed to beat the Traynor YCS100 in this competition.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I like how you don't even mention what sound you're looking for.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
archeo avis? jesus man
"blues tone"
did you read that at all
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
archeo avis? jesus man
"blues tone"
did you read that at all

What kind of blues? A lot of blues guitarists don't use any overdrive at all...some use tons of gain. Most use different EQ setting. "Blues" is the most ridiculously vague term ever.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
okay good point archeo avis
BUT just like a light overdrive blues tone
and maybe a hard rock tone
MAYBE a metal tone, i don't really need one, but of course tube drive is the best so idk
there
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
okay good point archeo avis
BUT just like a light overdrive blues tone
and maybe a hard rock tone
MAYBE a metal tone, i don't really need one, but of course tube drive is the best so idk
there

If you've got the money, definitely check out the Mesa Lone Star series. Even with an overdrive, I doubt it will do metal, but the cleans are fantastic, and on the 5 watt setting (Lone Star Special), the overdrive is Godly.
Um, I hate to break the no-Peavey stipulation but the JSX is just awesome. I don't own it personally but I've played it extensively through a XXX cab and just love the range and quality of the tones you can get. It's also reasonably cheap (head or combo for under 1k used).

Carvin makes the Legacy, which is ridiculously cheap and ok sounding. It didn't seem that versatile when I played it tho. If you're dead set on Marshall's (and honestly there's no reason to be...) you can always go for a used DSL or JCM.