I bought a Spider II a few months, please don't flame me. It was a huge upgrade from my Fender Frontman 15 watt. Plus it was only $150 for 120 watts.

Anyways, I don't HATE it, but I was wondering if anyone else has one, what settings do they use? I can get some OK tones out for metal but you have to screw with it a lot.

Please don't say "Throw it out your window!" or anything like that.
i got a 75 HD 1/2 stack

heres what i use

Gain 3*
Bass 9
Mid 4
Treble 10
Chann 8
1/4 reverb to thicken the tone

* i use EMG`s and a PA2 booster so if you don`t bump your gain to at least 7

Edit, do`t know if you know, but your amp SHOULD have a gain booster and nose gate built in mine does, look it up in your owners book i can`t remember how to turn them on
Last edited by Slayerdeath at Feb 14, 2008,
If the clean is good, then I would go with a pedal. What kind, well anything other than the Boss metal zone. The ONLY Boss pedal I ever liked was the yellow one. I think it was the OS2 or something like that. It was a distortion/overdrive pedal. It would ONLY be used on Solid States like you have. Never on a tube amp. There are lots of different kinds. There is the Ratt, the metal muff, and a few other kinds that are not bad pedals for a reasonable amount.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by Slayerdeath
i got a 75 HD 1/2 stack

heres what i use

Gain 3*
Bass 9
Mid 4
Treble 10
Chann 8
1/4 reverb to thicken the tone

* i use EMG`s and a PA2 booster so if you don`t bump your gain to at least 7

Edit, do`t know if you know, but your amp SHOULD have a gain booster and nose gate built in mine does, look it up in your owners book i can`t remember how to turn them on

I am assuming you are using on of the metal channels, or the insane channel that doesn't sound weird?
oh ya.. i use the metal channel, not a fan of the Insane too much because it`s too muddy to me, the highs don`t come through

if you go to the Line 6 website they have a list of different settings for your amp i do like the Crazy train one go see if you can find them.
Quote by Slayerdeath
oh ya.. i use the metal channel, not a fan of the Insane too much because it`s too muddy to me, the highs don`t come through

if you go to the Line 6 website they have a list of different settings for your amp i do like the Crazy train one go see if you can find them.

Red or green? I don't like the green very much, the red sounds closer to a Dual Rec which it is modeled from.

EDIT: Those are basically the same settings I had saved for red metal, but I didn't have any reverb. It really helped to add some. I use EMGs, put they are passive EMGs that came in my Ibanez.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Feb 15, 2008,
ya i don`t have the red or green option, thats on the 120 or 150 spider II 1/2 stack, (i can`t remember if it`s 120 or 150)

cool are they the EMG HZ`s ??? i was wondering what they sound like compared to other passive pickups because my active EMG`s are like god compared to all the other pickups i`ve heard, i wanna hear the Black Outs see how they Compare to the EMG 85/81
i have the spider 2 150w and i sometimes use one of the insane settings but the other sounds like the circuitas have messed up or sumthing. is it ment to its like really fuzzy euch sound
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????