littledude65
788 IQ
In my school, there aren't many drummers or basists, and one of the bassists is already in a band. They've invited me to join, and I really like all of the guys, but me and my friends are trying to start another band. We don't have a bassist or singer, and our dfrummer lives out of town. We haven't even chosen a name yet, but I'm not sure if the other guy's want to keep going weith it. If we end up getting a full band, I would play lead, and one of the other guitarists isn't that good (we have 3 guitarists). We let him in to see how it goes, but I just feel like if we did make a band, that he would need to be cut, and it would kill me to do that because he's my best bud since kindergarten. So I was wondering, should I go with an already made band and ditch the old guys, or should I stay with something that I know will be a heck of a lot of trouble and extra stress I don't need? Any help would be appriciated.
Metabolic575
nameless voice
351 IQ
do what ever you want,
but hre's a little something, unless you guys are really good guitarists and know what you guys are doing and how things work, 3 guitars are too many.
red star
someday famous
446 IQ
Quote by Metabolic575
do what ever you want,
but hre's a little something, unless you guys are really good guitarists and know what you guys are doing and how things work, 3 guitars are too many.

+1
3 guitars can be great if done correctly (Radiohead) but there's a chance that you'll all try to be heard and overplay
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
civildp1
UG's resident narcoleptic
217 IQ
be in both dude. There's plenty of time for two bands.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
Quote by civildp1
be in both dude. There's plenty of time for two bands.

+1, but I should mention you should never feel the need to stay with a band just because they are your friends.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.