Ok so heres what i don't get.

Why aren't there any other holidays when it is socially acceptable to give people paper cut outs of organs. i mean i think it would be a good sentiment to give out lungs on ground hogs day, or even livers on saint Patrick's day ( i know a joke about the Irish being drunk, i'm so original.). so my question to you is why is it that the human heart is so romanticized in modern culture, we know now that it doesn't have anything to do with love (heart rate excluded) so why do we still uses hearts as a symbol of love?
I drew a human heart on paper today, cut it out, and just left it on a desk in some random classroom on my way to fourth period...
I don't believe in that stuff

Tis why I gave everyone a potato
The Pit. The Movie.
Because the heart is the most vital organ of the entire body, and by giving someone your heart on Valentine's Day, you're telling them that you trust and love them enough for them to be able to have your heart?
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
aww were you sad today? its ok. ill be your valentine!
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by spoonylove90
aww were you sad today? its ok. ill be your valentine!

...I thought I was your valentine.

Wow.

Who dat?
Quote by Spay

A POTATO
+1
Why do we teach our kids to go to strangers' houses and ask for candy on Halloween?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
Because the heart is the most vital organ of the entire body, and by giving someone your heart on Valentine's Day, you're telling them that you trust and love them enough for them to be able to have your heart?

Uhh... brain?
Without it, heart cannot function(nor can anything), while TECHNICALLY**** the brain COULD function without a heart (if only temporarily)
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
I see a bunch of naked ladies. Is there something wrong with me?

yep
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by Spay

Aw, can I have a potato next year?
Why are you mad at Valentines in particular
Every holiday is retarded
Eggs and rabbits on easter
Fat men and trees on christmas
Heart and candy on valentines
People connect the heart to love because when you feel love, its a feeling in that area
like when your nervous its in your stomach
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
You are freethinking. Thats illegal. Shut up and accept the heart.

no honestly though i agree. i think the whole heart thing is silly. though i cant really complain because i have a heart shaped box full of various chocolates to my right as i type this.
Quote by Ez0ph
Why are you mad at Valentines in particular
Every holiday is retarded
Eggs and rabbits on easter
Fat men and trees on christmas
Heart and candy on valentines
People connect the heart to love because when you feel love, its a feeling in that area
like when your nervous its in your stomach

Maybe because Valentines is the couples holiday, so if you don't have a date you feel left out? On the other holidays you can share it with everyone but not fagentines day. I hate all holidays anyway, except halloween of course
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

that was a hallmark card answer right there. but that seems like a logical explanation to me.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by alaub1491
You are freethinking. Thats illegal. Shut up and accept the heart.

no honestly though i agree. i think the whole heart thing is silly. though i cant really complain because i have a heart shaped box full of various chocolates to my right as i type this.

ok im sigging that top part. and to your bottom part it reminded me of how i was listening to nirvanas heart shaped box today and when he said " heart shaped box" i shouted loudly and quickly "of chocolates" then everyone around me looked at me like i was insane because i had my head phones on....
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
On a side note, how did the heart become this shape - <3?

Fat dude sat on it.
Well today instead of getting like a piece of candy or something, I got a blowjob...... pretty cool if you ask me.
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Quote by aaron6890
i read somewhere it was based off of a woman bending over, because the "Cheeks" form a heart shape when the knees are bent and she is bending over. if that makes any sense.

You've just corrupted me...

What about the pointy end, then?
i think the knees just kind of fade off
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_%28symbol%29
some highlites from wikipedia.
"In European traditional art and folklore, the heart symbol is drawn in a stylized shape. This shape is typically colored red, suggesting both blood and, in many cultures, passion and strong emotion. The hearts and the diamonds are the two red suits in most playing card decks. The shape is particularly associated with romantic poetry; it is often seen on St. Valentine's Day cards, candy boxes, and similar popular culture artifacts as a symbol of romantic love.

jb (F34) "heart"
in hieroglyphs

What the traditional "heart shape" actually depicts is a matter of some controversy. It only vaguely resembles the human heart. Some people claim that it actually depicts the heart of a cow, a more readily available sight to most people in past centuries than an actual human heart. However, while bovine hearts are more similar to the iconic heart shape, the resemblance is still slight. The shape does resemble that of the three-chambered heart of the turtle, and that of the human male prostate gland, but it is very unlikely that the image was patterned after either of these organs.

The "heart" shape could also be considered to depict features of the human female body, such as the female's pubic mound or spread vulva. The tantric symbol of the "Yoni" is another example of a heart-shaped abstraction of a woman's vulva. In fact, the symmetry resembles the vulva far more than the asymmetry of the organ. In the introduction to the Vagina Monologues Gloria Steinem writes, "[The heart] was reduced from power to romance by centuries of male dominance."

Others maintain that the heart resembles the shape of the female breasts or the female buttocks.

Ancient silver coin from Cyrene depicting a silphium seed or fruit.Another possible origin can be seen on the coins of the ancient city of Cyrene, some of which depict the seeds or fruit of the now-extinct silphium plant. The seeds are distinctly heart-shaped. Since this plant was widely used as an ancient herbal contraceptive or abortifacient, this shape may have come to be associated with sexuality and love.

The "heart" shape is formed by the back and wings of a dove, which was associated with Aphrodite, the ancient Greek goddess of love.

It may also be a stylised form of the combination of the silhouettes of two people kissing."
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

Are you saying the heart is the love organ?
Because it couldn't be.
Imagine getting a heart transplant; if the heart is the love organ, you wouldn't love the same person now would you? You would love whoever the donor loved.
If it wasn't the love organ, you'd love the same person; simple.
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

Heart? Don't you mean ============D

or in my case, --D Its crooked too.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
That is not true. A dick in a box is appropriate for ALL holidays which is one step up from a piece of paper.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace