Hey, i just bought a H&K trilogy head, which sounds amazing, so much better than my old solid state, theres only two problems.

It has a good amount of gain, but when i play really heavy stuff like parkway drive, prom queen etc, i need just a bit more gain.

And i only use jackson guitars, my current ones are made of basswood with EMG's in them so they sound pretty bright, but ive fixed it with the Eq and bright/dark setting.
Im getting a new DK2T soon, which is made of alder and has a JB in it, which will have alot of treble, and im going to need a bit more bass, but cant really get any more out of my amp.

Would i be better off going with an OD to get a bit more gain, or get an eq and add more bass and try and boost it using that?

Ive had no experience with pedals so i dont really know.

Budget is anything under $200AUD, which is about US 170?

Can be rack mounted or pedal i dont mind.

Thanks.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer
Err. That sounds like two seperate issues. I would address the both of them.

Get a nice clean boost to run in the front of the amp for more gain. I would go with a clean boost to just add more saturation and not an Overdrive Pedal, seeing as you like the tone of your amp. Also get a EQ pedal to run in the FX loop to boost the bass.

More bass and More Gain are two seperate issues that need two different devices to solve.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Last edited by Ubershall404 at Feb 14, 2008,
so id be better off getting both an eq and an od.

Any suggestions for brands?

For the eq i was looking at the MXR 10 band, and its 190 over here which is a bit much if have to get both
is the mxr 6 band all right?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer
I have a MXR 10 band and it has a level and gain boost that does a better job than my Bad Monkey at giving me a really dirty OD. Its wa the first pedal I got and if I had 100 pedals its the only one I'd have to keep.