Ok so i want to record but i need a cable. Not sure the sizes but it would go from my amp's out slot (which is the same size as the guitar imput) to the mic slot on my pc (standard head phone output size)... what is the size in inches for each of those?

Also, if i do that, my PC should be able to pick up the sound fine through the mic slot right?
Last edited by terryn0 at Feb 15, 2008,
Quote by terryn0
Ok so i want to record but i need a cable. Not sure the sizes but it would go from my amp's out slot (which is the same size as the guitar imput) to the mic slot on my pc (standard head phone output size)... what is the size in inches for each of those?

Also, if i do that, my PC should be able to pick up the sound fine through the mic slot right?

Viva answered the first part. As for the second, I'd go for the line-in slot (it should be blue) since it isn't as heavily gained as the microphone input. If you have a laptop, then disable the mike boost.
Quote by Fast_Fingers
...I'd go for the line-in slot (it should be blue) since it isn't as heavily gained as the microphone input. If you have a laptop, then disable the mike boost.

+ 11