Get over it.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Wait, you didn't expect this to happen?

Bu, I think Rudd did the right thing.
And I think he did it very well.
Get over it.

+1
No, i did expect this to happen. And that is one of the reasons i was against it.

How did he do it "very well"? One day after he apologises and one person starts a compensation claim, didnt see that happening before the apology. Or if it did, where was the liability? If a lawyer can find a loophole in what he said, and they always do, then as expected there will be more and more of these. And no, i will not "get over it" as a tax payer, i like to think that my tax dollar may actually be going to help the country rather than a payoff which was caused by an un-needed apology which opens the government up to claims of compensation.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
No, i did expect this to happen. And that is one of the reasons i was against it.

How did he do it "very well"? One day after he apologises and one person starts a compensation claim, didnt see that happening before the apology. Or if it did, where was the liability? If a lawyer can find a loophole in what he said, and they always do, then as expected there will be more and more of these. And no, i will not "get over it" as a tax payer, i like to think that my tax dollar may actually be going to help the country rather than a payoff which was caused by an un-needed apology which opens the government up to claims of compensation.

Nice to know you read the article you posted. They said there'd be up to 40 more.

The case hasn't even been settled yet, calm your tax-payer arse down.
And the money it would cost you if he/she wins, is insignificant.

He did it VERY well, IMO.
The Aboriginal community appreciated Rudd's speech.
Nelson's speech, however, ruined it (once again, IMO).
I mean, the people turning their backs, and the boos and such.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde

If they had tried to get it before the apogogy they would have still got it. The apology was just a speech, not law.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Nice to know you read the article you posted. They said there'd be up to 40 more.

Where did i say anything about numbers?

Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
The case hasn't even been settled yet, calm your tax-payer arse down.
And the money it would cost you if he/she wins, is insignificant.

Insignificant why? What good is more money going to do them? The aboriginal community has had billions of funding and welfare payments poured into it, and that hasnt helped one iota.

Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
He did it VERY well, IMO.
The Aboriginal community appreciated Rudd's speech.

While they may of "appreciated" it, it hasnt helped in any way. And the people turning their backs and boo'ing was childish. At least have the respect to stand there and listen.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Last edited by Mr_Zakk_Wylde at Feb 15, 2008,
and then the government will want money off them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenwoods
Rudd is a moron. All the people who voted for him cost us the best thing that ever happened to Australia.

...so HE killed Steve Irwin???
Quote by whalepudding
If they had tried to get it before the apogogy they would have still got it. The apology was just a speech, not law.

That speech changed the constitution, so, yeah...
no sorry guys me and mayano go way back. on the forum cant they ship the aboriginals to like iceland or something. P.s Dont feed the troll it will only get bigger
this is stupid...my mate is 17. when he was 11, he was sleeping over at a mates place when the kids dad tried to kill him. he stabbed him in the back of the neck, and then my mate turned around, grabbed the knife as the guy tried to stab him again, and ran out to the street. he was millimeters from having his spinal cord severed, and he had nerve damage in his hand. the man who did it late legally changed his middle name to 'pig hunter.'

he is not entitled to free counselling anymore, got the maximum legal comp payout, and now his restraining order is invalid, because as a college student he has to catch a bus at irregular times, and sometimes 'pig hunter' also has to catch those buses.

and also, mr rudd is sorry. i however, am of the opinion that since i did not steal any aboriginal children i should not need to say sorry. and although i haven't read his speech, i hope to christ he didn't say it on behalf of all white australians, because he has no right to do that, pm or not.

edit: also, my mates payout was significantly lower...which was apparently the maximum legal payout. we must have been wrong.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Last edited by pistols at Feb 20, 2008,
Quote by pistols

and also, mr rudd is sorry. i however, am of the opinion that since i did not steal any aboriginal children i should not need to say sorry. and although i haven't read his speech, i hope to christ he didn't say it on behalf of all white australians, because he has no right to do that, pm or not.

if i can remember correctly, what he said was "im sorry for the policies of the previous governments, and the terrible effect they had"

something like that. but yeah, i think he did it very well, i really think Rudd is going to do super well. and Gillard, she maybe will be the first female Pm.
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
The speech will have no impact on compensation claims anyway, so any link is coincidental. These claims could have been launched 2 weeks ago and the legal difference would be nil.

Quote by 3lusiv3
That speech changed the constitution, so, yeah...

Funny, I don't remember there being a referendum.

Guess either I'm in a time warp, or you're wrong.