Poll: What do you prefer
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you prefer
Rolling Stones
44 80%
Guns and Roses
11 20%
Voters: 55.
Which version do you prefer? Guns n Roses or the original Rolling Stones?

Also, post other songs where theres debate on whats better.
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
never heard either. but i vote Rolling Stones because i hate G'n R
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
Stones...
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Stones dude. All the way.

I don't understand how this one is debatable, but I've heard it being debated...Killswitch Engage or the original Dio version of Holy Diver.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
^ Then why even post a reply? I enjoy Slash's solo's on their version for sure , but 'Stones owns it. BTW Slash never said he disliked their version , he just said it was "the sound of the band breaking up". I think he just didn't like Paul Tobias ( the guy who tracked the rhythm guitar , and basically doubled Slash's parts ) so yeah , still nice recording outro solo is the **** too!
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
^ Then why even post a reply? I enjoy Slash's solo's on their version for sure , but 'Stones owns it. BTW Slash never said he disliked their version , he just said it was "the sound of the band breaking up". I think he just didn't like Paul Huge ( the guy who tracked the rhythm guitar , and basically doubled Slash's parts ) so yeah , still nice recording outro solo is the **** too!

Fixd
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
^ Then why even post a reply? I enjoy Slash's solo's on their version for sure , but 'Stones owns it. BTW Slash never said he disliked their version , he just said it was "the sound of the band breaking up". I think he just didn't like Paul Tobias ( the guy who tracked the rhythm guitar , and basically doubled Slash's parts ) so yeah , still nice recording outro solo is the **** too!

Also slash said he made his own intro to it then axl made him go note for note with the original or he won't sing, slash was pissed off with that because he thought his own intro was good and he knew he couldn't do the intro as good as the oringinal
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
GnR butchers the songs they cover IMO

and Axl can't even be compared to Mick
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Stones for sure
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Carswell98
GnR butchers the songs they cover IMO

and Axl can't even be compared to Mick

Mama Kin , KOHD , Live and let Die , and Sympathy all kick ass

Yeah Axl told slash to sound like the original which is something he never liked doing , he said something along the lines of taking the song and making it his own rather than copying it,
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Mama Kin , KOHD , Live and let Die , and Sympathy all kick ass

Yeah Axl told slash to sound like the original which is something he never liked doing , he said something along the lines of taking the song and making it his own rather than copying it,

I don't know, the instrumentation is alright, I quite like the energy, but Axl's voice sounds like a cartoon to me, but, whatever, to each his own.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I despise both, but I'd rather hear Stones then Gn'R. Because Gn'R is the worst crap I've heard besides the obvious ones (hip-hop, pop, RnB etc)
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
yea, but its not slash playing on the gnr version. axl hated it so muich and put a studio guitarist over slash in the mix.

ive only ever heard the stones versionl ive...and it ruled.
Quote by slann101
yea, but its not slash playing on the gnr version. axl hated it so muich and put a studio guitarist over slash in the mix.

ive only ever heard the stones versionl ive...and it ruled.

No that's Slash on the leads.
Stones all the way!
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton