Page 1 of 2
i guess its a minor problem to most people but i didnt get an answer in the relationship thread so here you are, any help is welcome.
heres my problem. theres this girl (yeah i know cliche) and shes been in my 2 of my classes for all this school year, shes friends with some of my friends(not the close ones thought the ones i hang out with during classes when i have nothing better to do) and i never really talked to her, now i just feel awkward comming up and starting a random conversation with her. we have talk but never one on one and never anything serious. when ever we do talk its with 2 or 3 other people right before or after class.

so UG what do i do to get her to notice me and talk to me.

P.S. i think she just broke up with her boyfriend a few weeks back, but i think she might* be dating someone else although im not sure how serious it is.

im not the most out going guy, so i get alittle awkward in social situations. not like i have problems talking to girls i do all the time its just new people. so far i can make witty remarks around this girl but not real talking.
Quote by aaron6890
im not the most out going guy, so i get alittle awkward in social situations. not like i have problems talking to girls i do all the time its just new people. so far i can make witty remarks around this girl but not real talking.

That perfectly describes me.

I'm sorry. I can't help.
same
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
slow down on the witty remarks or you'll come across as a smartass.
try compliments. not so many that you sound like a suck-up, but make her feel important. doesn't even truly matter if you mean it if you're a good liar. as long as you can make her believe it then you're golden.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Just walk up to her, say "Hey I think your cute and I would like to get to know since we never really get to talk" She will respect you more than if you are all awkward and shy.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Just walk up to her, say "Hey I think your cute and I would like to get to know since we never really get to talk" She will respect you more than if you are all awkward and shy.

word.
girls dig confidence.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

ok first, wait until your balls drop, then go talk to her
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Quote by mrfinkle213
slow down on the witty remarks or you'll come across as a smartass.
try compliments. not so many that you sound like a suck-up, but make her feel important. doesn't even truly matter if you mean it if you're a good liar. as long as you can make her believe it then you're golden.

see the problem is it could be really awkward because like i said im not the most social guy, and i am a terrible liar.

im trying to amp it up on the witty comments because every time i say one she laughs and it makes me feel good to make her feel good. it may sound kinda pathetic but the fact that she is laughing is validation that she likes some aspect of me.
id have to say dont do any of that since it would be even more awkward to frce it out of u
id just start up a convo about the teacher/homework

maybe introduce urself if u havent already
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Find out her fave. sog and play it acoustically and sing it in front of her
(without directly asking her what it is mind you) so she goes "OMG he knows my song!"
and then SHE will spark up convo. leaving you more confident, as there will be no risk she'll ignore you
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
This always works....

Tell her to name the system where the Rebel base is located!

oh! oh! its in the hoth system!

to TS-just grab her and make her your woman, viking style ftw
Quote by deathbat831

to TS-just grab her and make her your woman, viking style ftw

Taht always seems to work.

Just be sure to bring your pillaging sword and torch
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by itsxsteves
id have to say dont do any of that since it would be even more awkward to frce it out of u
id just start up a convo about the teacher/homework

maybe introduce urself if u havent already

i've tired the first part. the problem is our relationship has been forced past the introduction phase we completely skipped it, due to classes i would answer questions in class so she knows who i am. and to introduce myself at this stage would be weird because its past the window of oppertunity(sp?).

i need a way to smoothly move passed the guy sitting next to her phase and go to the she talks to me about "things" phase. Things meaning life ofcouse.

edit: i contemplated the acoustic thing but i dont sing. and i need to find the right day to bring my guitar to school. i've been putting it off because i didnt want to have a bunch of people come up and say "OMGz U PLaYzors the GUITarZZZZ, Can YoU PLaYS the FAlLOUtBO?Y??!!111!!" or having some guy play it and show me up.
Last edited by aaron6890 at Feb 15, 2008,
Don't listen to anyone here. Except the one about confidence. Confidence is extremely important. If you want her to like you don't suck up to her and give her compliments. Every loser does that (no offense). Tease her and make fun of her. If you can get her to laugh that's a good sign. If you keep her laughing you're doing good.
Turn Off Your Mind, Relax And Float Downstream

...and if you don't know where your going, any road will take you there
I don't let others play my guitar at school, I brought it for me to enjoy, not for the pricks that try and show me up. Anyhow, just talk to her dude, or get her aim or messenger or email if you are to chicken to talk to her irl.
Quote by aaron6890
i've tired the first part. the problem is our relationship has been forced past the introduction phase we completely skipped it, due to classes i would answer questions in class so she knows who i am. and to introduce myself at this stage would be weird because its past the window of oppertunity(sp?).

i need a way to smoothly move passed the guy sitting next to her phase and go to the she talks to me about "things" phase. Things meaning life ofcouse.

edit: i contemplated the acoustic thing but i dont sing. and i need to find the right day to bring my guitar to school. i've been putting it off because i didnt want to have a bunch of people come up and say "OMGz U PLaYzors the GUITarZZZZ, Can YoU PLaYS the FAlLOUtBO?Y??!!111!!" or having some guy play it and show me up.

Well either practciet the singing, or find your inner confidence and talk to her

I'm afraid thats the only way.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I don't let others play my guitar at school, I brought it for me to enjoy, not for the pricks that try and show me up. Anyhow, just talk to her dude, or get her aim or messenger or email if you are to chicken to talk to her irl.

great idea. myspace is agreat invention! i'll just casually go into my friends and look for a common friend.
Quote by chaz man
Don't listen to anyone here. Except the one about confidence. Confidence is extremely important. If you want her to like you don't suck up to her and give her compliments. Every loser does that (no offense). Tease her and make fun of her. If you can get her to laugh that's a good sign. If you keep her laughing you're doing good.

+1

funny is always good
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
You have to just go up and talk to her. Tell her some funny story about something you did once. The main thing is to have confidence and to act like you don't care what she thinks. You have nothing to lose. If she shuts you down move on and find a new girl.

Quote by NewsoftheWorld
This always works....

Tell her to name the system where the Rebel base is located!

are you implying that darth vader was pro-incest?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Don't sing her a song. You need to get to know her first. If you have never really talked to her before and you ask to play a song for her she might get weirded out.

Quote by aaron6890
if i have to ask the pit for help to talk to a girl do you think i really want to sing for her? i have no self esteem at all i just cant do it.

Ahh, but you don't have to sing FOR her...

just sing and play IN FRONT OF her

she'll recognize her fave song if you play it and she'll start some conversation with you

trust me, you'll feel a lot more confident if SHE talks to YOU
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by chaz man
You have to just go up and talk to her. Tell her some funny story about something you did once. The main thing is to have confidence and to act like you don't care what she thinks. You have nothing to lose. If she shuts you down move on and find a new girl.

but thats the main problem i cant get her out of my head. and i cant just pretend to not care because thats not me. im a respectful, good listening, person and if i have t change myself for her to date her instead of being stuck a friend (if i talk to her) then i would rather be honest than have some character i am only acting as around her.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
are you implying that darth vader was pro-incest?

yes. at least i am. that whole family was f-d up. the kids were making out with each other. can you say down syndrome babies.

everybody here whos seen a leprocaun say "YEEEEAAAHHHH!"
Quote by chaz man
Don't sing her a song. You need to get to know her first. If you have never really talked to her before and you ask to play a song for her she might get weirded out.

No don't play FOR her

just IN FRONT OF her

dont go up and say "Lolz, wats youre favortite jam sos i plays it"

find out without asking and tehn play it
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Last edited by ExtremeMetalFTW at Feb 15, 2008,
You can tease her and make fun of her all while being a respectful, good listening person. Also the playing in front of her and not for her is not too bad an idea. You don't even need to play her favorite song. Play some Jack Johnson. Always worked for me.

Quote by Guitarfreak777
You could do the classic, very cliche thing, Write her a note and give it to her in class.

No, thats a bad idea. Trust me it is all about confidence. If you don't have it you need to find it.

Quote by chaz man
No, thats a bad idea. Trust me it is all about confidence. If you don't have it you need to find it.

I suggested confidence first, but he can't do it. So he could try that.
Quote by aaron6890
ok so good idea or bad idea to break the ice with an interesting fact, like something about physics or chemistry or history, or philosophy, IE the stuff i know about.

Yeah, that'll work. Just make sure it is interesting. Girls love little interesting facts.

Page 1 of 2