Iv been looking into buy a mesa dual recto. Iv noiced the 2 channel rectos go to a couple hundred less sometimes maybe 200 or 300 at most then the 3 chan ones. Why is this? Iv heard the 2 chan ones give more gain also. So why? Oh and i play only metal pretty much
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
The 2 channel versions are older. There really isnt a huge difference in sound between the 2 and 3 channels.

Some will say to get the 3 channel...but since you play ONLY metal then I would just get the 2 channel since you dont need the versatility of the 3 channel.
what is the "3rd" channel?
Isnt the 2 chan just? Clean and Distortion
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
Go for the 2 channel.
They are typically much tighter and more aggressive than the typical 3 channel.

Go check it out on boogie boards, or hunt down some clips. Its pretty easy to find.

+

If its a Pre-500 2 channel, buy it. Those are the holy grail of Rectos, since they have the best output transformers and other parts
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
yeah. The 3 channels are:

1 clean/crunch

and 2 crunch/high gain

My Recto is set up like:
Channel 1: Clean
Channel 2: High Gain (vintage mode)
Channel 3: Crunch (Raw mode)
What tubes are best in something with high gain were youll be in the gain channel 99 percent of the time? Does JJ make Recto tubes?
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
Quote by Striketalonx
Go for the 2 channel.
They are typically much tighter and more aggressive than the typical 3 channel.

Go check it out on boogie boards, or hunt down some clips. Its pretty easy to find.

+

If its a Pre-500 2 channel, buy it. Those are the holy grail of Rectos, since they have the best output transformers and other parts

Yeh the boogie boards are a good place for information on Mesas.

I have a 2 channel dual rec and run a channel as lead and one as rhythm. For cleans I roll my volume back and add chorus/delay.

By recto tubes do you mean 5U4G's? I've only ever used the Mesa Boogie ones.
Or if you mean power amp I use 6l6's, but EL34's will also work. Yes, JJ sell both these tube types.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it may void the warranty if you use tubes not Mesa branded. ( I heard they do have ways of telling, maybe burn marks, but it may be a marketing ploy.)
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec