I realize there is already a couple of threads about the Bugera line,but since there was quite a bit of interest in hearing more first-hand accounts,I felt justified making a separate thread so the post wouldn't get lost in the shuffle.

Disclaimer:
I actually wanted to get the 6260, but I saw this online a week ago and snagged it. It just came in three hours ago, so I haven't really put it through the paces. I should also note that my previous amps have been a VK112, a Randall SS, and an Epi Valve Jr (+Metal Muff).In other words, I'm not as seasoned as some others here when it comes to high-end amps. I have listened to a 5150 many times, bu never played one so I can't say exactly how close this is to that sound. I'll post further comments and pics probably over the weekend. I don't have any recording gear, but maybe I can pull something together over the next couple of weeks.

Now then,
Build quality: Seems really clean and sturdy. Weighs around 50lbs,looks really nice.It also looks like it would be hard to remove the Bugera logo if you had that in mind (I did). Footswitch has a heavy metal casing , but the on/off click action of the channel selectors feels flimsy. I would have preferred metal button selectors to the plastic pedal style.Not a big deal though.The amp's reliability over time will be the only question here because out of the box,you will find little to complain about.

Tone:
Honestly, I'm not the best judge of cleans. The cleans sounded immaculate to my ears (especially with a bit of reverb), but I'm sure others could find fault with it. The crunch channel produced sounds ranging from classic/blues rock to a 80's thrash metal crunch ala Testament/Anthrax. Pretty impressive through my LP copy with Dimarzio in the bridge. But I didn't care for the tone at all when I played it with my EMG-loaded LTD Viper. I only like EMG tone when the gain is through the roof; which brings me to the Lead channel. Wow, this thing has unbelievable gain. It matches the maxed Metal Muff distortion with the gain on 6. If you want metal you got it. I'm not really a lead player, but this has all the gain anyone would need for hardcore or or even death metal rhythm playing, and I haven't even got the power tubes cookin' yet!

With the gain on 3 or 4,though, it starts losing clarity in chord definition and high notes.
EDIT:
I actually solved most of this issue with some meticulous EQing.

Anyway, I'm still in the honeymoon period and have little experience with the $1000+ amps, so I'm not a tone expert. For the price, this amps sounds really damn good. If this amp holds up reliably over time (and Peavey doesn't sue them into oblivion),it's safe to say this is the new "Looking for a Metal Amp under $500" champ.
Last edited by stigma15 at Feb 22, 2008,
seems nice...
why do i have to live so far away from all the guitar heavens
Peavey with fail at suing them, as Behingers lawyers will represent Bugera.

But it does sound like a new amp contender. I'm thinking of picking one up next week, and doing some side by side videos of it with my Randall RH50T, and maybe my mates 6505 if I can get a day off work.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
meh, i love my 6505 but this makes me think could i have saved money?

But peavey has been sturdy at 95 pounds
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by Aus-10
So maybe i should wait before getting a VK... or 5150 II (more likely the VK? Maybe??)

If you can find a used 5150 for around $600 (I never could), you'd probably better off with that. But if you are into metal,this thing beats the braces off my old ValveKing. Gain for days. Supposedly they will be in stock at online retailers in a few weeks and I've seen a couple on eBay.

Quote by sirlimecat
meh, i love my 6505 but this makes me think could i have saved money?

But peavey has been sturdy at 95 pounds

I should mention I have the head version. The Bugera combo is probably in the 90lb range.I would be afraid overheating (and crap speakers) may be an issue with the 6260 combo (pure speculation).

Anyway,this thing may crap out and some may think it isn't near as good as a 6505 but for $400, it lays waste to the competition in that price range.
Last edited by stigma15 at Feb 15, 2008,
Still thrilled with this amp; very little to complain about for the price.

The front of the amp isn't warped; it's just a crap camera.
Will any of the Bugera combos be under $500?

The cheapest combo I've seen is $600 =(
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
if these things are reliable i could buy one as a backup but we'd have to wait for ppl to say wouldnt we -_-.

it seems promising but it has that classic behringer "im gonna copy someone elses idea and make it cheaply"
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by giternator
if these things are reliable i could buy one as a backup but we'd have to wait for ppl to say wouldnt we -_-.

it seems promising but it has that classic behringer "im gonna copy someone elses idea and make it cheaply"

Im pretty sure they copied the 5150 as closely as they could (same parts), but im not 100% sure on that

And Bugera and Behringer are 2 DIFFERENT companies. Behringer just distrubutes Bugeras stuff.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
Will any of the Bugera combos be under $500?

The cheapest combo I've seen is $600 =(

When I ordered mine a week ago, everything was listed $100 lower than it is now. The price went up because demand was high I guess. This makes it harder to recommend over a used 5150.

Quote by IbanezPlayer27
Where did you buy this?

I'm really really looking into buying one of these, they look awesome.

I lucked out and saw only 1 available on SameDayMusic. It just sucks that others will have to pay more for this amp than I did. Elderly currently lists the 6260 for $399, but I don't think that will last.
Elderly 6260
Last edited by stigma15 at Feb 16, 2008,
Quote by mike.h

And Bugera and Behringer are 2 DIFFERENT companies. Behringer just distrubutes Bugeras stuff.

yeah thats true but can you honestly ignore the fact they share similar qualities. doesnt gibson distribute epiphone and jackson distribute fender? im asking since i dont know lol cuz if thats the case, then i prove my point lol. call it a half assed comeback
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by giternator

First off, you said "Behringers" going to make cheap copies, which wouldnt make sense if you knew that Bugera manufactured the amps.

Epiphone is owned by Gibson, but is not manufactured by Gibson. As far as I know, Behringer doesnt even own Bugera, they just ship amps for them.

Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by giternator
yeah thats true but can you honestly ignore the fact they share similar qualities. doesnt gibson distribute epiphone and jackson distribute fender? im asking since i dont know lol cuz if thats the case, then i prove my point lol. call it a half assed comeback

Fender distributes Jackson...but anyways
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
It looks way to much like a 6505
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
It looks like i could buy that bugera 6260 now for $500 and not have to wait AND get it at a lower price?

but its not a 6262 >_<

ahh the combo is on backorder, head isnt?
Quote by giternator

The smart ones copy from the best.

Although it's not even made by Behringer. I would buy one of these things if they made a lower-wattage version.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Nice, it looks great! I hope it's reliable, it would be great to finally have an affordable metal amplifier. I'm very jealous of all the small, cheap, low gain tube combos for blues!

Can I ask, does anyone know anything about the Bugera 333? I know the 6260 is the equivalent of the 5150/6505, and the 6262 = 5150 II/6505+, but what exactly is the 333's speciality?
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
Quote by Bloodshed
Fender distributes Jackson...but anyways

oh -_- heh......i got some wrong info i guess. be glad i wasnt a noob and stating it as fact.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by Persata
Nice, it looks great! I hope it's reliable, it would be great to finally have an affordable metal amplifier. I'm very jealous of all the small, cheap, low gain tube combos for blues!

Can I ask, does anyone know anything about the Bugera 333? I know the 6260 is the equivalent of the 5150/6505, and the 6262 = 5150 II/6505+, but what exactly is the 333's speciality?

the 333 = triple XXX and the 333xl = JSX
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
I totally just noticed something. The Bugera page looks like a ripoff of the Marshall site...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by giternator

JSX huh? Should be interesting to see if it's as versatile as the JSX (IE good cleans?)
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
JSX huh? Should be interesting to see if it's as versatile as the JSX (IE good cleans?)

Yeah, if it's pretty close to the JSX, I'll be buying one for sure.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by giternator
oh -_- heh......i got some wrong info i guess. be glad i wasnt a noob and stating it as fact.

It's all good...you are forgiven
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by soul_power

When I first the read the Bugera's model name I thought it was gonna be based on the XXL, not the JSX.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I've fallen for it.

I have placed an order for a Bugera 6262, 5 Tung Sol 12AX7s and 4 JJ EL34s.

$1000 bucks.

To be honest though, I've got a week to return it, AND the tubes, because the store is only getting 2 of each in, and expect to sell them quickly.

I'm going to do a side by side of a 6505+ and the 6262. 4x12s with G12T-75s & Vintage 30s. And, if I can find someone with a crap ear for tone, a guitar with EMGs
Quote by kyrreca
Quote by Cofflecakes
I've fallen for it.

I have placed an order for a Bugera 6262, 5 Tung Sol 12AX7s and 4 JJ EL34s.

$1000 bucks.

To be honest though, I've got a week to return it, AND the tubes, because the store is only getting 2 of each in, and expect to sell them quickly.

I'm going to do a side by side of a 6505+ and the 6262. 4x12s with G12T-75s & Vintage 30s. And, if I can find someone with a crap ear for tone, a guitar with EMGs

Yikes. That's alot to spend on tubes. If you don't mind, give the stock tubes a shot and compare them.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
Quote by TehNez
Although it's not even made by Behringer. I would buy one of these things if they made a lower-wattage version.

Definitally. Any of those models, in a 25 or 50 watt head or combo format would be bought by me almost instantly.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Definitally. Any of those models, in a 25 or 50 watt head or combo format would be bought by me almost instantly.

Yeah, a copy of a Single Recto or something would be nice.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
I might hold up on placing orders right away. There was an issue with a dealer over on HC already, 2 of the 9 he sold came back with the same problem. Loud pops and noise while sitting at idle. There is speculation that it might just be untested tubes in the first run, but no one is saying anything for sure.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by stigma15
Yikes. That's alot to spend on tubes. If you don't mind, give the stock tubes a shot and compare them.

But your forgetting, I'm an aussie, the 6262 is costing $800 bucks, and I actually got great deal on the tubes.
Quote by kyrreca
Quote by giternator

Hey, I'm thinking of buying a Bugera amp. What's better for heavy, black, death, and thrash metal? The Bugera 6260, Bugera 6262, or Bugera 333?

Thanks.
Quote by Cofflecakes
And, if I can find someone with a crap ear for tone, a guitar with EMGs

Nice trolling.
Quote by 1if3 0wn3r
Hey, I'm thinking of buying a Bugera amp. What's better for heavy, black, death, and thrash metal? The Bugera 6260, Bugera 6262, or Bugera 333?

Thanks.

Why didn't you just make a new thread instead of bumping an 8 month old one?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
As far as I know the 333 is equivalent (very similar) to the Marshall Randy Rhoads Signature(1959RR), which when you have the cab as well just about blows your ears out at .5 (and not twelve o clock, less than one on the volume dial).
Last edited by Nathro at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by Nathro
As far as I know the 333 is equivalent (very similar) to the Marshall Randy Rhoads Signature(1959RR), which when you have the cab as well just about blows your ears out at .5 (and not twelve o clock, less than one on the volume dial).

Number 1:
Number 2: The 333 is based off a Peavey JSX
Number 3: This thread is 2 years old.

Did I say ?
Why would you want powertube cooking on a preamp gain amp?
that would just mud up the whole place
Bugera 6262 is an incredible amp.

Here's a pic of mine.

1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL