So I am playing in front of 100+ people tomorrow (a conservative estimate) with some friends, and I'm nervous. Anybody got any tips to help my concur my nerves?
Rig:
PRS SE semi hollow (blue)
mexican fat strat
Ovation MOB
LTD hybrid 300
Fender Blues Junior
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD 20 and DS1
when you go up there, just dont keep thinking "wow thats a lot of people"... just play normally. i know its a lot easier said than done, but after a couple minutes youll be fine.
when i play large crowds i kinda feed off there energy i'll b all nervous but once we start playing its awesome.

if u'r still scared though play with ur back to the crowd like that guy from maroon5
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Scream out the lines, 'DO YOU KNOW WHERE TH' FuCK YOU ARE?!~~? YOU IN THE JUNGLE BABY, WAKE UP. TIME TO DIEE~~' in a really irritating high pitch voice then proceed to shred out to 'Welcome to the Jungle'.
HI GUYS!
Quote by richiemokkiez
Scream out the lines, 'DO YOU KNOW WHERE TH' FuCK YOU ARE?!~~? YOU IN THE JUNGLE BABY, WAKE UP. TIME TO DIEE~~' in a really irritating high pitch voice then proceed to shred out to 'Welcome to the Jungle'.

and then smash your guitar over the bassists head cuz no one can hear him
The whole time, you'll be nervous no matter what you do. You'll piss your pants when they announce your group to come to the stage. As soon as you get on stage, and the song starts, you'll be totally fine. Idk why that is.. you'll feel like your @ practice doing what you do best its the best feeling
just keep in mind that most of them probably can't even play an instrument, and the ones that can...well, yeah just whip it out
Quote by majonior
when i play large crowds i kinda feed off there energy i'll b all nervous but once we start playing its awesome.

if u'r still scared though play with ur back to the crowd like that guy from maroon5

youtube link plz
MAN UP DUDE! But, seriously, once you get out there you should be fine. Just relax, dont move like a robot would.

Quote by whisperffs
just keep in mind that most of them probably can't even play an instrument, and the ones that can...well, yeah just whip it out

I thought you meant his penis when you said "whip it out"
Quote by Tikiman11
MAN UP DUDE! But, seriously, once you get out there you should be fine. Just relax, dont move like a robot would.

I thought you meant his penis when you said "whip it out"

he did
The nervousness goes away by the time you finish the first song.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Quote by richiemokkiez

This is great advice. Really gets the crows riled up.

Halfway through the set, you should yell "ARE YOU ALIVE?!" "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE ALIVE?!?!" in a roaring Hetfield imitation.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
just get into it. jump around, pull some shapes, stare lustfully at the beauty in the 4th row.

but dont drink. you wanna play like a god.

and dont whip it out...until after the show
Quote by slann101
pull some shapes

MIGHTY BOOSH FTW!

lol i hope you meant to reference that or else im gunna look like a big noob
Quote by ben_rulez
MIGHTY BOOSH FTW!

lol i hope you meant to reference that or else im gunna look like a big noob

whats the mighty boosh???

nah just kidding, you right there
Quote by ben_rulez
haha man that was a good episode too

almost all are good episodes! still, we're going of topic here;...lets ge tthe train back on the rails
If your singing, don't look at the microphone, you'll end up cross eyed. Happened to me. Just look at a point at the back of the venue, and if you get less nervous, start engaging with the crowd and stuff. And just enjoy it. Trust me, it'll be great
Yes, it's a very old username.
Stretch before the show (I'm dead serious). When you're up on stage, avoid tensing up as much as possible. Other than that, smile, eye contact, and give em a good performance. You have zero to be worrying about. *Thumbs up*

Oh yeah, and have fun of course!
Quote by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

dakota fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
I just played for the first time in front of a decent sized audience yesterday actually. I was nervous as **** but it was alright. As long as you don't **** yourself or something it'll be alright. I messed like twice, but the audience apparently didn't notice, and (it was at a battle of the bands type of thing) we were the second best band there.
Just be sure to play an easier song first. Once you get the groove of things move onto your harder songs. Because the last thing you need is to absolutely butcher a difficult song and then be too nervous to get through your others.
D:
Signature.
good luck dude

don't **** up, or god will pour boiling tabasco sauce on your crotch
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
the fear only lasts untill the moment.

JUMP in as quick as possible, and try to keep your mind off it, when you really think about it, getting worried isn't gonna make you play any better.
Quote by richiemokkiez

Thats my dream, to bad I don't know how to tune down half a step, so i can't play the song...

I would totally do this for the schools talent show thing...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
Thats my dream, to bad I don't know how to tune down half a step, so i can't play the song...

I would totally do this for the schools talent show thing...

standard tuning

then finger A# on the low E, and harmonize your E string with your A and from there, tune like you normally would
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Just imagine everyones not paying attention or something like that. It's all in your head, clammy hands and shivering and what not. Pretend that you're there with only your band jamming, except you're playing the real song and not just "jamming."

It worked for me at my talent show when my friends and I played Three Little Pigs by Green Jelly. I had to sing the backup vocals all by myself since the lead couldn't hack it. I did this in front of around 400+ people and it was my very first live performance. So I'm sure you could survive if I could.

If nothing else, and if you're into substance use, a little booze or weed will make you care a little less. That's just me though, not everyone is me.
hey man! just have fun! yeah i agree, after maybe the first song or two, you will be pretty nervous, but soon you will just love it and rock it out its the best feeling! man....

just relax and look like your having fun, try not to stay frozen, let the music move you naturally!

and not only look like you have fun! but ****IN HAVE FUn!!!

WOOOHHOOOO have a good one!
BAIL!!!!!!!

For the crack
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by Carswell98
standard tuning

then finger A# on the low E, and harmonize your E string with your A and from there, tune like you normally would

Thanks I'll try it
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Redbull. It gives you wings.

but no seriously, try meditation.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0