hey, im back

so now im considering getting one of the Vox amps.

i was leaning towards the AD50, however, i'm wondering if 30 watts is enough. what do you think?

for rehearsals it probably is, but in the future will it handle some small venues or even open spaces with small crowds?
it SUCKS.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
It should be fine, unless you have an idiot drummer who you struggle to be heard over.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
^He has a gibson SG that he prolly spent all his savings on and is now running through what is essentially an SS practice amp. Im not suprised he's a bit pissed off.

But the Vox AD is great for the money. And it should get you over a drummer. But if it is an option and youve got some left over cash go for the 50 watt.
better of with the 50, I wouldn't jam with a band with less than 50 watts ss
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
Quote by beckyjc
^He has a gibson SG that he prolly spent all his savings on and is now running through what is essentially an SS practice amp. Im not suprised he's a bit pissed off.

But the Vox AD is great for the money. And it should get you over a drummer. But if it is an option and youve got some left over cash go for the 50 watt.

Of all people, you should be pointing him towards a VC30 for his money
You should either get a 30w tube amp or go for AD50, cause it has a better speaker and also i think 30w solid state is quite inpractical....when cranked, it's kinda loud for home use, and JUST loud enough for band practice (but still lacking..i used to own one and i had to mic it with a PA system)

EDIT> what do you need it for? band practice? home?
and where do you live? (so i can see what they cost around you, and might find better alternatives)
portugal... i think you might have a hard time finding :x

maybe you could tell me a few names and i'll check their prices, would save you the trouble.
alternative rock i guess. some clean stuff some but also some kind-of-heavy stuff. porcupine tree, queens of the stone age, nirvana
Id go for the AD50, cause its jsut the right volume for band practice, and its got a much better speaker than the 30 does.
okay then, thanks for the input. i'll just save up a few more euros and get the AD50.

btw, thinking of the future, is it worth getting the Vox VC4 to go along with the amp?
The AD50VT has got a Celestion 70/80 I believe, which is much better than the not-so-fantastic Vox-own speakers on the AD15/30/100.

The VC-4 isn't compatible with the chrome-grilled Valvetronix, only with the "blue" series AD60VT & AD120VT, or the AD60VTX & AD120VTX.
yep
Vox AD50VT 112, 50W VALVETRONIX Guitar-Combo, 1 x 12" Speaker, 11 Ampmodels with Vox "Valve-Reaktor"-circuit, 9 Effects like Auto Wah, Compressor, Phaser etc.), 11 presets, 2 Channels, Line-Out, ext. Speaker Headphone- and Footswitch Jacks, Footswitch not included

By the way, you dont need to buy that vox footswitch...this one will do the job just as well
http://www.thomann.de/gb/lead_foot_fs2.htm
The built-in effects are terrible. I mean, they're good enough for practice, but they just don't sound that great and they're very limited in how you can tweak and apply them.

Personally, I think the distortion models are pretty good (but not great), however the effects leave a lot to be desired.
My Gear:
'05 ESP LTD EC-400
'67 Gibson ES-120T (Original)
'05 Vox AD30VT
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb Black Face (Original)