I'm not sure if anyone else heard about what happened today in dekalb, but there was a shooting that resulted in 6 dead and an additional 17 injured. I'm a Senior Mechanical Engineer at NIU, and it has been a real trip. I just wanted to send some love out to my fellow huskies and tell em to stay strong, have faith, and be grateful.
Quote by varflips
I'm not sure if anyone else heard about what happened today in dekalb, but there was a shooting that resulted in 6 dead and an additional 17 injured. I'm a Senior Mechanical Engineer at NIU, and it has been a real trip. I just wanted to send some love out to my fellow huskies and tell em to stay strong, have faith, and be grateful.

not a student but i've got tons of friends that go there (i live in rochelle) and it's just shocking that this happened so close to home. **** all the psychos out there that can't handle life and have to ruin others. hang in there folks
i go to monmouth college in monmouth and ive been to the campus a lot and i have two friends that go to NIU. they were ok thank god. my one friends brother goes there too and he saw a guy that had been shot in the thigh. it really saddens me whenever i hear about stuff like this but i never really would have guessed that it would happen this close to home. im still sort of in disbelief about it.
seems like there's more and more school shootings lately...maybe time for some kind of gun control measures to be taken seeing as how the young people trying to better themselves by being educated are being taken out by nutjobs with access to guns. i say if you can't handle your problems and want to end your life then do it but leave others out of your mess, they don't deserve to suffer from your stupidity.
Quote by varflips

I feel you man i am an NIU alum as of last spring. the interns at my work are still in school. my deepest sypathies go out to all i am shocked and crushed to say the least.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Goddam! The fourth shooting this week... Does anyone else notic that this is becoming a fashion?
Quote by Aramis
Goddam! The fourth shooting this week... Does anyone else notic that this is becoming a fashion?

I know.
What is the world coming to? =/
Quote by master
I wonder why this keeps happening more and more frequently??!

inb4 - "Probably all that awful cRap music"

The US is going down the sh*tter in general (with the rest of the world following a bit of a way behind)
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by master
I wonder why this keeps happening more and more frequently??!

Psychos like the thought of it becoming a nation-wide trend?
I only found out about this today. May not mean much coming from an English fella, but my sympathies gents. And yeah, I would suggest some more stringent gun controls over there... Umm... Silly question (and especially pardon my timing), but how easy/hard is it to get a gun over in the US? Becuase a very high-end psychological exam will most likely help iwht issues like these, and other measures - i.e.,licences, withdrawing of weapons in households where there are/is a history of psychological condition - trama, depression etc.
And to echo the threadstarter's sentiment, Chin up, everyone - don't let one whacko ruin things - keep your head high, and you'll cope well enough. Also wanna give sympathies for anyone who lost a friend today as well
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
I only found out about this today. May not mean much coming from an English fella, but my sympathies gents. And yeah, I would suggest some more stringent gun controls over there... Umm... Silly question (and especially pardon my timing), but how easy/hard is it to get a gun over in the US? Becuase a very high-end psychological exam will most likely help iwht issues like these, and other measures - i.e.,licences, withdrawing of weapons in households where there are/is a history of psychological condition - trama, depression etc.
And to echo the threadstarter's sentiment, Chin up, everyone - don't let one whacko ruin things - keep your head high, and you'll cope well enough. Also wanna give sympathies for anyone who lost a friend today as well

I don't know how it is done, but I will say that someone that is set on getting a gun will probably get it eventually. They can get one that belongs to someone else.

When I was in middle school a friend of mine stole a pistol from my other friend's dad. Good thing he was just a stupid kid and not a psycho murderer.