Today in Jazz band(which i play trumpet in) my band teacher found an old peavey 1x15 cabinet. He then gave it to me for free, cause he didnt want it taking up room. He has also given me a french horn before lol. Anyway, has anyone else experienced random acts of kindness like this????
i got 50 bucks from a guy in a suit on the street cos i was siting outside a shop smoking. the guy thought i was a bum. what an asshole, but a kind asshole, got 50 bucks ffs XD
my friend threw a piece of lettuce at me cause i called him a hippie for eating a salad (was just a joke)
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by Mr. Saturn
Today in Jazz band(which i play trumpet in) my band teacher found an old peavey 1x15 cabinet. He then gave it to me for free, cause he didnt want it taking up room. He has also given me a french horn before lol. Anyway, has anyone else experienced random acts of kindness like this????

I sure did. When I started playing guitar, my guitar teach gave me 10 minutes to learn 'Enter Sandman' from start to finish. I didn't get it down so he socked me in the head.
I got a free bass and amp for free from my old school...

...although its not like I asked for them...

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Younger brother gave me his bass as he was switching to guitar, still have it, but needs a new neck.. warped and twisted to the max an old Canora
You people are lucky. I'm the one always giving things away.

I gave away two guitars, almost new sets of strings, donated my old bass strings to crappier basses I find, sorta broken straps, plecs...
My old HS teacher gave me around $150 when i graduated. He called it a scholarship even though he knew i was already gonna get free schooling. Got an SKB case and i think part of it went to getting the hardware for the flying v i was modding at the time.
When I bought my GK rig, the guy who was selling it to me let me get it at half-list price, and then paid $80 towards it (which covered the warranty and tax, plus a little bit of the rig itself). Of course, he also threw in a free pair of speaker cables to seal the deal, XD.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
My GEB-7 pedal from another bassist friend. Helped my tone so much.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I have been loaned two amps for almost a year now... I'll be so sad when I give em back. Ones a 300W and the others a 150W I think.. the only amp I actually own is like a 10W practice amp...
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
I rented a PA speaker from Long & Mcquade once, and when I tried to return it, they said that they couldn't find it as "Rented" in the records, so they let me keep it.

It's worth about $500, and I only paid a $50 rental fee.
one time i bought this acoustic guitar from a local guitar shop. originally it was 400, but he said since i'm keeping it local and not getting it from musiciansfriend (like i said i was going to ) he gave it to me for 325 PLUS a gig bag
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
Once a really hot girl said she wanted me and was going to give me a 5-string Rickenbacker 4003. I politely refused.

And by 'hot girl' I mean 'old man', by 'she wanted' I mean 'he hated', and by '5-string Rickenbacker' I mean 'punch in the face until the year '.

Other than that, nobody's every given me anything.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I got a Fender Mexican Jazz from a friend when he quit playing bass. I got a 300 watt tube Crown power amp from my school when they got a new PA system. I have gotten a few random pedals, my old guitarist and I generally give each other pedals a lot once we get better ones or get sick of one hahaha.
Quote by AccidentsHappen
one time i bought this acoustic guitar from a local guitar shop. originally it was 400, but he said since i'm keeping it local and not getting it from musiciansfriend (like i said i was going to ) he gave it to me for 325 PLUS a gig bag

That's not that great of a deal, TBH.
This guy payed me £40 once because my mate opened his bottle with their teeth, why he payed me I will never know (I did share it btw).

No acts of kindness on the instrument front though, I bought a bass for £10 off a friend but to be honest, it's not worth much more anyway. By the time I've finished it however...
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
A friend of my dad's gave me an old 80 watt crate guitar amp that had not been used since the 70's.

It surprisingly worked amazingly well, and now I let the guitarist in my band use it.
A good friend of mine gave me my synth pedal. He was more of a naturalist kind of guy, so he didn't feel a real need for it. It is now an extremely fun gizmo to work with, and is starting to become an integral part of my personal sound.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I got my main guitar for free.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
my friend always leaves his thin guitar picks at my house.
I use them to clean my toenails
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Oh and I am lending my brother a Randall 40watt guitar amp...
Last edited by Danzter at Feb 21, 2008,
I got a Pick from my buddy/guitarist last week. I have no clue what brand it is but it says 204 Usa on it and its so awesome cause its so thick you cant break it with your hand and its not big or too small. I love the pick.
My mentor is very, very wealthy. He's also one of my best friends, dude's freaking hilarious. But, on topic...

He has been playing bass for a long time, but a few years back made the switch to guitar. He gave me my baby, Ergodyne 500. He then put me on indefinite loan with his Stingray and his stack - GK 500 head, Bassman 4x10 cab and Bassman 15 cab. He only recently took those back because he has a temp gig at a church, but when that's up I'll be free to use them again.

Before then, whenever I played at Church with my mom on base, a captain I played with (he played guitar) found the old Fender Performer 1000 guitar amp in the back of the Church, and "delegated" it to me.

My band bought me my BOSS Bass Overdrive with gig money as a present.

So... to sum up:
Ibanez Ergodyne 500 - given by mentor
Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray - loaned by mentor
GK500 head, Bassman 4x10 and 15 stack - loaned by mentor
Fender Performer 1000 vintage guitar amp - permanently delegated by Air Force officer
BOSS Bass Overdrive - bought by band

Aside from cords and strings, my SWR LA15 is literally the first piece of equipment that I have bought with my own money. I'm a very fortunate man with very generous friends.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by thefitz
Once a really hot girl said she wanted me and was going to give me a 5-string Rickenbacker 4003. I politely refused.

And by 'hot girl' I mean 'old man', by 'she wanted' I mean 'he hated', and by '5-string Rickenbacker' I mean 'punch in the face until the year '.

Other than that, nobody's every given me anything.

Well that cleared things up for me.