on my fretting hand!

Okay, so I'm doing some tricky ass barre chord shit, right? then the muscle between my thumb and index starts giving out. umm, I'll describe it the best I can.

You know how when you first discovered how to fap? like when you're stroking it and your forearm gets all tired. yeah, it's kinda like that except it's with that thumb-index part instead of my forearm. so is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
it's the same as any other muscle in your body, if you exert it then it will obviously get sore

once you've been playing for a while (assuming your new to guitar) your muscles will get stronger and you probably won't have this problem.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
yeah itll build up
though even after years you still get the odd twinge
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.
Dude, me too. I can barre chords just fine for chord changes and such. But if a whole song is just barre chords, like Creep (acoustic) by Radiohead, the muscle you're referring to gets so cramped. I guess I'm just weak; I've been kinda playing for a while afterall.
yeah, you have to wait for the muscle to build up. Just do some barre chords everyday and it'll gain stamina and size. Soon you will be the Arney of the guitar world!
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group