I got a new guitar a new amp and new cables and everything. My amp wont work. like when i turn it on i can hear buzzing from the amp when i turn it up. It worked before when i had it turned on its very soft so i turned it up alot so i could try to hear it, it ended up kicking on halfway through and was super loud idk what the problem is =(
wires are alright there i dont see why they would be jacked up if its new though but i checked it still nothing =\
i used to have an amp that did that (not sure if you're having the same problem)
it was some old practice amp and every now and then on the distortion channel (not clean for some reason) it would get really soft and i would have to hit it really hard and it would go back to normal.
never knew what exactly was wrong with it but it was just a practice amp i have a new one now
you might want to send that one back its probably broken
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Sounds like a dirty pot, take it back and have them check it out, should be under warranty if it's new, take it back to be checked.

Also make sure you have good cables, check your guitar and cable on another amp, or bring them to the store with you and check them on their amps, with something like this you generally have to check everything by ruling it out one way or another. That means you need to plug your guitar and cable into a different amp and make sure it's not a bad connection, bad cable or dirty contacts on your guitar jack.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
Sounds like a dirty pot, take it back and have them check it out, should be under warranty if it's new, take it back to be checked.

Also make sure you have good cables, check your guitar and cable on another amp, or bring them to the store with you and check them on their amps, with something like this you generally have to check everything by ruling it out one way or another. That means you need to plug your guitar and cable into a different amp and make sure it's not a bad connection, bad cable or dirty contacts on your guitar jack.

Yeah =\ I got it from wal-mart (cheapest place i could get it just for praticing) so i'll have to find the reciept I'll check my local music store and test some of thier amps to make sure it is a bad amp and go from there. Thank alot guys.