Poll: Have you ever gave blood?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you ever gave blood?
I could give, but I never did it
34 24%
I could give, and already did it
27 19%
I can't give (under 18)
78 56%
Voters: 139.
Page 1 of 2
I'm 19 and I've gave blood 3 times. Why? simple: when I was 16 I got a surgery that went really bad because I wouldn't stop bleeding (yep, that's why my nickname lol). The doctors had to make me a transfusion of blood. There was only one "pack". ONE. If it wasn't that pack I would probably die... when my mum told me about this I got pretty impressed and now I give blood every 6 months.

Think about it, the pain of a needle is ridiculous compared to the pain of death.

EDIT: ok ok, it's GIVEN, i already know! lol
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Last edited by Bleeding_me at Feb 15, 2008,
I can but haven't, but I've seriously thought about doing it, how does it feel afterwards? Just slight dizzyness? And do you get paid for it?
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by cocacolabottle
I can but haven't, but I've seriously thought about doing it, how does it feel afterwards? Just slight dizzyness? And do you get paid for it?

haha, no, at least in my country we don't get paid
It really depends on your phisical condition, if you often play any sport and are healthy you won't feel dizzy, but if you are not too healthy yes, you can be slight dizzy, nothing to worry

Quote by Stentroll
Given*

oh, sorry for the mistake lol
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

i've really wanted to do it but i havn't found the time.
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by Stentroll
Given*

damn it. I came in here just to tell him that. Damn it. Now what am I going to do?

*backs away slowly*
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by Stentroll
Given*

and nope, I never have, but am planning to do so. And it's not only because my parents always say that I sshould.
It's 17 in the UK. I've done it twice. It's not bad at all and it's pretty cool to look at the needle in your arm.
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
I... tried...

I went to give blood, and the freaking nurse MISSED THE VEIN, so, instead of re-doing it, she dug the needle around a bit trying to get it.... Later she told me since i was a first time donor, they werent allowed to stab me twice or something...
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
I did, for the first time in my life, 2 days ago - and I got 3 days off school. Although I thought 3 days was too much, I realized it wasn't, because I got tired very quickly whatever I did in the last 2 days. I couldn't get myself up from bed yesterday

I gave it because a brother of somebody from school was having heart surgery.

The satisfaction of helping someone is really good, it gives you a new look on life.
Quote by Bube
I did, for the first time in my life, 2 days ago - and I got 3 days off school. Although I thought 3 days was too much, I realized it wasn't, because I got tired very quickly whatever I did in the last 2 days. I couldn't get myself up from bed yesterday

The satisfaction of helping someone is really good, it gives you a new look on life.

When we did it at school we didnt get ANY days off... we only got like a 20min rest period afterwards, then back to class lol.

Oh, and the donating age in AUS is 16 i think.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by About 2 Snap
It's 17 in the UK. I've done it twice. It's not bad at all and it's pretty cool to look at the needle in your arm.

oh, I didn't know that it was 17 in the UK

Quote by BFun
I... tried...

I went to give blood, and the freaking nurse MISSED THE VEIN, so, instead of re-doing it, she dug the needle around a bit trying to get it.... Later she told me since i was a first time donor, they werent allowed to stab me twice or something...

wow, that was pretty bad... but you still can try again

Quote by Bube

Indeed, it's a fantastic feeling!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

I've done it a couple of times.
My god's will becomes me
When he speaks, he speaks through me
He has needs, like i do
We both want ..... to rape you!!
Quote by Bleeding_me

Think about it, the pain of a needle is ridiculous compared to the pain of death.

In death, all power is found.
-Broderskapets Ring-
Dimmu Borgir.
I cant,

Partially becasuse when I was born there was a contamination scare suposedly...

and that im under 18
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Have twice, really should go again.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
ever GIVEN blood (your English is still better than my Portuguese though)

Yes I have once but I nearly fainted because I lied when they asked if I'd had something to eat...I should do it again though
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Feb 15, 2008,
i've given twice, and i plan to donate as soon as i can again. i find the natural high to great to refuse.
I'd really like to but I'm unbelievably scared of needles. I know it's a generic excuse but I always feel really nauseaus and faint after injections and just thinking about it makes me queasy.

I really hope I can man up and give blood cause I know how beneficial it is...
i dont think i can....There's probably THC in my blood, and i don't feel like getting caught (or sharing it)
Quote by zwound
i dont think i can....There's probably THC in my blood, and i don't feel like getting caught (or sharing it)

they make you some questions and of course they analyse the blood to see it it's ok.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

I can't but even if I could, I'd have to be pushed pretty hard because I'm really skeptical about how clean those things are...

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
I gave blood just yesterday actually. Because I'm at university there are regular sessions at the university so I can just go in between lectures.
Quote by About 2 Snap

next stop: heroin-town

Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I gave blood just yesterday actually. Because I'm at university there are regular sessions at the university so I can just go in between lectures.

yeah, they make that sessions on my university too
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Done it twice
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I used to give blood, done it 2 or 3 times, but at one session they did the finger-prick test and found out I was anemic, so I can't donate any more...
I can't because I ate meat in England when I was little or something (mad cow disease).
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
I can't 'cos I've had (safe) sex with a man who's had (safe) sex with another man in the past 12 months.

Which is blatant homophobia.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Im too young and when im 18 i would still never do it because i hate needles.
might do one day, but im too young now
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Quote by happy-and-lost
I can't 'cos I've had (safe) sex with a man who's had (safe) sex with another man in the past 12 months.
Which is blatant homophobia.

It's not- Granted, it's a hard pill to swallow but IF, just IF there was the SLIGHTEST HINT of something dodgy, it could **** a lot of people up.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Well, I haven't, but I go through the same thing every week. I have haemochromatosis which means I have too much iron in my blood, so every week I have to go to the hospital and get a load of blood taken from me. Though I would give blood if I could.
MUNSTER

Heineken Cup Champions 2005/2006 2007/2008

Quote by scarecr0w
I can't because I ate meat in England when I was little or something (mad cow disease).

Whoa, that's a contraindication? I was in England just last month, I told them I'd been abroad but they didn't ask me anything.

Oh, and I have to say, I have an extreme case of trypanophobia, so my knees were shaking when I went there. I said that I will most likely faint, and I said that I hadn't had breakfast so they made me eat something. And luckily, the nurse was pretty sweet, and we joked about my fear of needles, being a medical student and the sweet smell of alcohol-soaked-piece-of-cotton they gave me when I got dizzy after they pulled the needle out.

It was pretty entertaining, actually. And I just got a little dizzy, as opposed to not being able to walk for half an hour which normally happens when blood is drawn from me for tests.
Page 1 of 2