Hey Pit,

Today I grabbed my iPod out and gone through it and realised that all the songs videos and podcasts have erased themselves. I was left there going "Ok..what the hell". So then I thought no problem, I'll just go back on iTunes and upload songs back onto it etc and so forth.

Well that wasn't an easy task. iTunes is opened and it's found my iPod easy. My library is ok, but I click on the iPod library it's empty. SO I highlight all my songs to drag back into the iPod...it won't let it .. so i drag ONE song back into the iPod..it wont let it. (Screenshot below sorry if the size is ridiculous).

Any help please?
I've reset the iPod aswell to get it back to right.

- Cheers
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Why are you dragging it? You have to use the syncronise menu- make sure all boxes are checked on there, and click 'sync' in the bottom right.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Why are you dragging it? You have to use the syncronise menu- make sure all boxes are checked on there, and click 'sync' in the bottom right.

no, you can drag songs onto ipods
you've restored it and it still didn't work?
unplugged it, etc
hmmm
have you tried holding Menu and OK at the same time? while it's not plugged in
should reset it
but if that doesn't work i think you'll have to go the Apple shop
Rockin' shit
Quote by jimmyhotpants
you've restored it and it still didn't work?
unplugged it, etc
hmmm
have you tried holding Menu and OK at the same time? while it's not plugged in
should reset it
but if that doesn't work i think you'll have to go the Apple shop

Yeah i tried everything that The customer services on the internet etc could tell me.
Resetting.
unplugging.
dragging.
IMPORTING songs..
Etc.. Just didnt work.
I might take it to Apple store sometime unless theres other suggestions?
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz
make sure you're dragging it to the right part. you gotta drag it onto the ipod not the playlist in it
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by EdawMail
no, you can drag songs onto ipods

You can do both. If you have too many albums in your iTunes library (like I do) the "syncronize" option might not suffice. That's why I turn all the albums that I add to my library into separate playlists, and then when I hook up my iPod I just check and uncheck the albums that I want to add or remove from my iPod

Have you tried that yet?
Last edited by shwilly at Feb 15, 2008,
Quote by shwilly
You can do both. If you have too many albums in your iTunes library (like I do) the "syncronize" option might not suffice. That's why I turn all the albums that I add to my library into separate playlists, and then when I hook up my iPod I just check and uncheck the albums that I want to add or remove from my iPod

Have you tried that yet?

I dont get ya mate.
So like if i uploaded Californication by rhcp...isnt of putting that directly into my library..i put it into a new playlist called RHCP?
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz
OK at the moment.
My mate is saying that happened to her awhile ago.
And it was her iTunes that caused the problem.
So im gonna download a new iTunes.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz
Quote by sincewhen??
I dont get ya mate.
So like if i uploaded Californication by rhcp...isnt of putting that directly into my library..i put it into a new playlist called RHCP?

Sorry for my late response >

Just select all of the tracks from that album and drag them to the left to where it says "Playlists" (just above the partyshuffle icon). Your pointer will turn into, like a square or something, I don't know, and if you release your mouse button here iTunes will automatically create a playlist called "Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication", if your ID-tags are correct that is. I do this with every album I add to my library, so basically all of them now appear in the left window as separate playlists.

Now here's the trick: first you connect your iPod. Then you go to the "edit" options in the top menu and then select the last option from that list (not sure what it's called, mine's in Dutch) but I bet it's called "options" or "preferences" or something.

Now select the fourth tab from the left which I think is called "share" and you highlight the 2nd box (share my library blablabla local network blabla). Here you can either choose to share your entire music library or to manually select your playlists (AKA albums) by clicking on the boxes one by one. My advice is creating one playlist (like Californication for example) and then trying this method to see if you can add that album to your iPod. If it doesn't work then don't bother because it might be realy time-consuming
it may be this, i had a similar problem

click on your ipod, and then go to summary, then click 'manually sync songs' cause sometimes mine decided it wants to uncheck that box, it might be that

if it's not that, i have no idea
Make sure the boxes are checked, the ones beside the songs and go to your iPod and click sync

Your used to the old drag and drop mp3s

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Thanks for all your help!
my iPod is working!
i had to fiddle with some settings on iTunes AND the iPod itself.
to do with the syncronizsation.

thanks once again.
- cheers.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz