I've decided the next guitar will be a MIM Telecaster, and before I try it out etc, I just wanted to know whether or not these Teles are routed for a humbucker in the neck, or just a single coil.

And my 2nd question is; Are all the fender neck pockets the same? Because I want to put a Strat neck onto said Tele, mainly because I like the Strat headstocks better.

www.myspace.com/nirvana_rox_ryda_j

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.
There's no toilet in the kitchen.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

This thread was made back when i had my old 06 account.

You can install humbuckers in them,

2nd question no.
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
15 Watt Laney Hardcore MX
Zoom 606 Multi-Effects Pedal
Tanglewood Rebel 4K [SELLING]
Aria Acoustic

Quote by sock_demon
I like John Petrucci

He plays in Dream Theater.

He kills people.
I heard you could put GF Rail humbuckers (or something like that) and a coil tap so that you can produce tele and humbucker sounds
Well its either that, or buying a Squier VM Tele already with the 'bucker in the neck, and saving myself some money to buy a wah maybe.

Dammit. Why didn't I think of that before posting..

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

Quote by ryda_jay_1991
Well its either that, or buying a Squier VM Tele already with the 'bucker in the neck, and saving myself some money to buy a wah maybe.

Dammit. Why didn't I think of that before posting..

Why not post -- find out what is on your mind!

Some people like the problems and the complications more than they like playing the thing!
Stop showing off and play the music!
the neck pocket should be the same, but i could be wrong.

Ive seen a tele with a strat neck hundreds of times. If im not mistaken, then the strat and tele neck pockets should be identical, but as far as other fenders (jags and mustangs) they're different.

Dont take this as a fact though. Im like 70% sure.

By the way man, you should check out some vintage japanese made teles which are MIA quality, but cheaper than your MIM. They may be used, but they're the best gutiars you'll ever run into.

Check ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Greco-Aria-Tele-Guitar-White_W0QQitemZ320217147585QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33039QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I personally reccomend this seller...i've bought an amazing guitar for my brother from him for just 150 pounds.
Last edited by zwound at Feb 15, 2008,
Quote by zwound
the neck pocket should be the same, but i could be wrong.

Ive seen a tele with a strat neck hundreds of times. If im not mistaken, then the strat and tele neck pockets should be identical, but as far as other fenders (jags and mustangs) they're different.

Dont take this as a fact though. Im like 70% sure.

I assumed the neck pockets were the same, because basically the neck is the same (scale length, no. of frets etc.) apart from the headstock.

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

You could get a 72 Deluxe if you like Teles with humbuckers and Strat headstocks...
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
^^ The '72 Deluxes do look nice, but it isn't exactly what i'm looking for, that and, I don't have nearly enough money for one either.

Sometimes I think that working on cars, and playing the guitar isn't the best choice money-wise

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.

Quote by Yan Yan
!