Page 1 of 2
Really?

And apparantly they developed a time machine to re-broadcast news articles from the past!
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Defence expert John Pike added: "The Chinese and the Russians spend an enormous amount of time trying to steal American technology.

"To have big pieces of our most sophisticated radar intelligence satellite fall into their hands is not our preferred outcome."

Wtf, is it like some sort of competition too see who can be the most advanced.
Quote by Regression
Defence expert John Pike added: "The Chinese and the Russians spend an enormous amount of time trying to steal American technology.

"To have big pieces of our most sophisticated radar intelligence satellite fall into their hands is not our preferred outcome."

Cold War II!

This time, it's personal.
Quote by Regression

*cough* COLD WAR *cough*
HOLY CRAP.

Oh wait, I forgot. No-one cares.

Quote by Regression

Yes. It is.
the mirror?

most the 'facts' in thier will be made up.
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
It's in the mirror, so it's clearly a fantasy story made up by one of the editors late last night.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
That's still an irrelivant point.
Which news station was it on?
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
^
The Australian chanels.
10 news, 9 news, 7 news and most probably SBS news.
It is probably on SBS because thats mostly for international news.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Typical americans.

yeah. it's typical of us americans to shoot at dead satellites with our nuclear warheads. in fact, i think i'll blast one right now!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Typical americans.

are you trying to sound dumb or does it just come naturally?
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Quote by Arthur Curry
yeah. it's typical of us americans to shoot at dead satellites with our nuclear warheads. in fact, i think i'll blast one right now!

Well it won't kill you to let russians have american technology, will it? It's just sad.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Well it won't kill you to let russians have american technology, will it? It's just sad.

now i don't know what you're talking about. i do not control how american technology is shared.
Quote by Arthur Curry
now i don't know what you're talking about. i do not control how american technology is shared.

you collectively, as in 'us americans' that you said. Not you personally
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Much better to let it fall into a heavily populated area of Russia and kill dozens of people. And yes, there was a rather lengthly period of time where it would have killed you to let Russie have American technology. Add this to the fact that Russia is a half-step (tee hee...I made a musical reference) away from being a totalitarian regime, and I have to say that you're full of ****.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Isn't this just the Americans not wanting to be outdone by China destroying a satellite and wanting to get in on the act themselves?

I suppose it's better than letting it fall but the whole thing smacks of a return to the Cold War.
Quote by Limaj_daas
Wont the thing burnout as it comes into the atmosphere neways?

Things even smaller than satellites won't burn up completely as they go through the atmosphere. The satellite is most likely treated with some sort of heat shielding as well.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Much better to let it fall into a heavily populated area of Russia and kill dozens of people. And yes, there was a rather lengthly period of time where it would have killed you to let Russie have American technology. Add this to the fact that Russia is a half-step (tee hee...I made a musical reference) away from being a totalitarian regime, and I have to say that you're full of ****.

Funny coming from a KGB spy

Yes it's good they're shooting it down to stop it harming people, but I think the way America sticks their nose in every other government like it is actually their business is stupid. Who cares if Russia gets American technology? What difference will it really make?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Yes it's good they're shooting it down to stop it harming people, but I think the way America sticks their nose in every other government like it is actually their business is stupid. Who cares if Russia gets American technology? What difference will it really make?

Quite a lot. Have you never heard of the Cold War and the arms race? Especially as Putin seems to be trying to bring those days back.

Don't forget that Russia would do exactly the same thing to stop the US getting its hands on Russian technology.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Things even smaller than satellites won't burn up completely as they go through the atmosphere. The satellite is most likely treated with some sort of heat shielding as well.

Ah... my bad, didn't know that.
Who cares if Russia gets American technology? What difference will it really make?

If you think world leaders get together every Friday to frolic in a field of sunshine and puppies, you're a moron. How you can admit that nations stick their noses into other nation's business and then go on say that it doesn't matter if other nations get their hands on America technology is beyond me. Russia is a borderline totalitarian regime that, not long ago at all, developed a 50 megaton nuclear weapon with the sole intent of intimidating America into submission. Yes, it matters if potentially hostile nations get hold of American technology.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

so much of a difference that the American government sees it necessary to shoot it down--that and the safety of what ever vicinity of falls upon. You obviously have no concept of national defense or economics to understand the actual worth of superior technology. Sticking our nose in other's business? One, it is our satellite--two, we are taking the responsibility so that it does not endanger other's lives--three, as something as important as a satellite, seeing how it is our property, we should definitely have an awareness of where it lands and who would have access to getting their hands on it.

Unfortunately the world doesn't operate with nations sharing their technology. As much of an utopia as we all wish the world could be, it isn't nor will it be within the next following days that this satellite will land
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
give me a pistol and a few hundred round.. ill have that sucka down....
Light touch my hand, in a dream of Golden Skans, from now on.
You can forget our future plans.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Russia is a borderline totalitarian regime that, not long ago at all, developed a 50 megaton nuclear weapon with the sole intent of intimidating America into submission.

It's about time someone did, I'm sick of their world policing and thinking they have the right to destroy middle eastern countries.
Quote by Mazzakazza
I can't believe you just linked me to The Mirror's website without a content warning : ((

as bad as Mirror's reputation of news goes, this is actual news
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's about time someone did, I'm sick of their world policing and thinking they have the right to destroy middle eastern countries.

Partisan moron. It doesn't surprise me at all that you would defend a tyrant responsible for the deaths of nearly fifty million people through political executions and state engineered famines. There was no noble intent here. The Soviet Union didn't see injustices committed decades in the future and decide that they absolutely must do something because of their deep commitment to basic human rights like "not getting shot for supporting capitalism". America has committed no more injustices than any other pisshole of a Country.
Quote by Limaj_daas
Wont the thing burnout as it comes into the atmosphere neways?

I heard that it's a 5000lb sattelite the size of a small bus..

The only interesting part of all of this (other than the fact that they must be using some pretty bad ass firepower to shoot this thing out of the sky) is that the United States got pretty darn pissed at China last year when it wanted to do the exact same thing.

China had an old weather sattelite that it wanted to shoot down, and the U.S. basically said: "hey now, a display of arms power like that is basically just an attempt at intimidating other nations, good peaceful nations shouldn't go shooting down sattelites."

Now fast forward a year
What fail to understand is why is it falling? Even if its a dead satellite its still in orbit above earth in space. So shouldn't it just float up there like space junk rather than fall?

I still think we are not getting the whole story.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Page 1 of 2