Page 1 of 4
Hey guys, if you ever have a couple hours to spare, you really should check this out...
It'll change the way you live your life...

http://zeitgeistmovie.com

seriously, I just found this on the internet a few days ago... you must see it! If you can, watch the whole thing.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by Dave Gilmour
Hey guys, if you ever have a couple hours to spare, you really should check this out...
It'll change the way you live your life...

http://zeitgeistmovie.com

seriously, I just found this on the internet a few days ago... you must see it! If you can, watch the whole thing.

seen it
It's a really interesting movie that loses all credibility after minute 10, by making wild and unreasonable claims not based in fact

I quite enjoyed laughing at some parts of it though
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
It's pure arse water of the lowest callibre it's based on anecdotal evidence and wild speculation and not on academic reasoning and credible source material.
Quote by Draken
It's pure arse water of the lowest callibre it's based on anecdotal evidence and wild speculation and not on academic reasoning and credible source material.

Very well put. Unfortunately that goes for alot of things. I could name a few but I don't want to start a ********* vs. *********** thread for example.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Draken

yeah... that pretty much sums it up
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

well the first part about religions is very true! ive asked a physicist (astronomer) and he said its true! the war part is also true but some things are too extreme. carswell i hope you dont think that the bible stuff is made up cause its not!
Quote by torturer6067
well the first part about religions is very true! ive asked a physicist (astronomer) and he said its true! the war part is also true but some things are too extreme. carswell i hope you dont think that the bible stuff is made up cause its not!

I really hope you say that in jest, I'd like to see one piece of empirical evidence to back that statement up

and an astronomer is not a physicist, and even if that person was, that doesn't mean jack in a theological debate
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Draken

What isnt though??
Well most books and films go through academic review where fellow experts in the field read and vet the books and make the author justify his work, on the internet this doesn't happen any old crap can be thrown up, there's no legitimacy it's just one group of people's insane opinions.
It's exactly like wikipedia in movie format^
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
I really hope you say that in jest, I'd like to see one piece of empirical evidence to back that statement up

and an astronomer is not a physicist, and even if that person was, that doesn't mean jack in a theological debate

lets see. what Carlin says is true! Ill check other stuff latter!

And physicists and astronomers in my county have the same studying program for the first 2 years!

how does it mean jack if 24. dec is the day with the longest night??? dont you get it?
hahahaha

actually the winter solstice is varying over a few days, and it usually occurs on the 21st if memory serves correct

astronomers study general things about the universe, sure, physics is in there, but its like comparing Biology to Anthropolgy
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Last edited by Carswell98 at Feb 15, 2008,
the whole thing about jesus and stuff.
about the stars and ****, i cant really say much cuz im not an astronomer, but about the copying from other religons, that is totally true.
religon in general is completely gay.
just give me a fender and let me rip
Quote by sk8board3r
the whole thing about jesus and stuff.
about the stars and ****, i cant really say much cuz im not an astronomer, but about the copying from other religons, that is totally true.
religon in general is completely gay.

The stuff they say Jesus is based off of Horus is nonsense.
Yeah, this was posted last week and the comments like the ones above make me think that I don't want to sit through 2 hours of ludicrous nonsense.
How often does this appear in the pit.

Please search. and also TS while your searching look how many times it has got closed.
My anarchist friend sent me the link a while back. Naturally, I discarded it.
You're right, when I watched it did change the way I live. Now, when I come across one of these shitty pseudo-conspiracy movies, It takes me 20 milliseconds less to hit Alt+F4.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
not even,
the fact its basicly plagarised from other religons just shows how stupid the catholic religon is
just give me a fender and let me rip
The film is in itself a joke against the people that believe it. The film was made to seem as if it was groundbreaking to those who wanted to seem as if they knew lots on the subject. The film itself was designed to tell people to do their own research into matters not to trust the film just because i said it was right.

Conclusion: Zeitgeist was a film not trying to expose anything only to make it absolutely clear you should always do your own research and not believe something just because it is in a film.
i love this movie. its hard to validate everything being said. but i give your a good basis to argue with those jesus freaks
Quote by gokorn1
i love this movie. its hard to validate everything being said. but i give your a good basis to argue with those jesus freaks

More like impossible because it's all anecdotal and speculative bull****.
Quote by Carswell98
It's exactly like wikipedia in movie format^

Actually, wikipedia is usually right. Zeitgeist is not. Wikipedia has mods and supervisors fixing the pages if anyone f*cks with them, and if someone replaces a fact that has a cited source with one that does not, the sourced one wins.

EDIT:
Quote by Thales
The stuff they say Jesus is based off of Horus is nonsense.

Don't insult nonsense like that

Last edited by synpet713192 at Feb 15, 2008,
I'm watching the beginning right now and it's rediculous... I shall post later after watching more, but I love how they're trying to make the beginning to emotive before anything has even been said.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Is this the movie talking about the central bank and stuff?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by synpet713192
Actually, wikipedia is usually right. Zeitgeist is not. Wikipedia has mods and supervisors fixing the pages if anyone f*cks with them, and if someone replaces a fact that has a cited source with one that does not, the sourced one wins.

Yeah well, it's thinking like that that lets the facts be slowly washed away. Yes Wikipedia fixes some edits, but as long as the page is linked to some kind of source they OK it, whether that source is reliable or not.

I have seen **** on that website that'd make you cringe it was so wrong.

wikipedia is not a substitute for a primary source or an academic journal, nor will it ever be.
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by synpet713192
I agree, and wikipedia is the basic agreement of the thousands of people who edit it. Zeitgeist is one person's opinion.

I thought it was a pretty terrible movie. Very manipulative. I thought it tried to hard (a 7-minute introduction of bombs exploding is unnecessary). Plus it uses some logical fallacies in ti as well. Jesus did have parallels with maybe one or two of the people mentioned in the video, but that was horribly exaggerated. It's a very daring thing for a historian to say Dionysus died on the cross, yet I've never heard of him dying on the cross, and being resurrected three days later.

I've never heard 99% of the things said about Horus, and one thing is true. All the people who were mentioned did have a star in the east when they were born. Why? There are stars all over the whole f*cking universe. Anyone can put "During [insert person]'s birth, there was a star in the east" and technically be correct.
Quote by Carswell98
Yeah well, it's thinking like that that lets the facts be slowly washed away. Yes Wikipedia fixes some edits, but as long as the page is linked to some kind of source they OK it, whether that source is reliable or not.

I have seen **** on that website that'd make you cringe it was so wrong.

wikipedia is not a substitute for a primary source or an academic journal, nor will it ever be.

Link me to some pages that would, as you said, make me cringe.
I just watched awhile of Zeitgeist, and it seems to be like 95% incorrect bullshit, but most, if not all of what I've seen on wikipedia was and is correct.

And remember: You may have seen something on wikipedia that was horribly wrong and made up, but who's to say that it remained as such for anymore time than the few minutes for which you viewed it.
Its really just a string of facts that are somewhat interesting, but it fails to prove anything at all. It just sort of leaves you with a general, "uh, so what" feeling.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Its really just a string of facts that are somewhat interesting, but it fails to prove anything at all. It just sort of leaves you with a general, "uh, so what" feeling.

Actually, not a string of facts. Look up Horus or Dionysus anywhere else. This dude who made this just made up a lot of things. The whole part about Horus is basically entirely lies.

EDIT: And that's just one example. I only allowed myself to watch 15 minutes of that crap. The whole 7 minute intro is just damn unnecessary.
i think if someone has to post their video on youtube/google videos to get attention, they're probably not worth listening to.
Quote by synpet713192
Link me to some pages that would, as you said, make me cringe.
I just watched awhile of Zeitgeist, and it seems to be like 95% incorrect bullshit, but most, if not all of what I've seen on wikipedia was and is correct.

And remember: You may have seen something on wikipedia that was horribly wrong and made up, but who's to say that it remained as such for anymore time than the few minutes for which you viewed it.

That last bit is true, but it really shouldn't be counted as a reliable source for anything should it?

mostly right doesn't count in the real world
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Grundy0
The film is in itself a joke against the people that believe it. The film was made to seem as if it was groundbreaking to those who wanted to seem as if they knew lots on the subject. The film itself was designed to tell people to do their own research into matters not to trust the film just because i said it was right.

Conclusion: Zeitgeist was a film not trying to expose anything only to make it absolutely clear you should always do your own research and not believe something just because it is in a film.

Quote by Zeitgist Official release
Zeitgeist, produced by Peter Joseph, was created as a nonprofit filmiac expression to
inspire people to start looking at the world from a more critical perspective and to understand that
very often things are not what the population at large think they are. The information in Zeitgeist
was established over a year long period of research and the current Source page on
this site lists the basic sources used / referenced and the Interactive Transcript includes
exact source references and further information.

Now, it's important to point out that there is a tendency to simply disbelieve things that are
counter to our understanding, without the necessary research performed.
For example, some information contained in Part 1 and Part 3, specifically, is not obtained
by simple keyword searches on the Internet. You have to dig deeper. For instance,
very often people who look up "Horus" or "The Federal Reserve" on the Internet
draw their conclusions from very general or biased sources. Online encyclopedias or text book
Encyclopedias often do not contain the information contained in Zeitgeist. However, if one takes
the time to read the sources provided, they will find that what is being presented is
based on documented evidence. Any corrections, clarifications & further points regarding the film
are found on the Clarifications page. Non-Profit DVDs / Free Video Downloads are
available through the Downloads page.

That being said, It is my hope that people will not take what is said
in the film as the truth, but find out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realized.

Thank You

Not a joke
But it was intended to make people do their own research beyond a simple google search.
Quote by Spamwise
i think if someone has to post their video on youtube/google videos to get attention, they're probably not worth listening to.

perhaps they dont have billion dollar studios backing them
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Page 1 of 4