Someone in my college is selling one of these for $176. It's not listed in any online stores or the official Ampeg site. Maybe they got the specifications wrong or it's very old?

Anyway, I'm mainly wondering if a supposed 30 watt Ampeg bass amp is worth that much. Thanks.
Last edited by Ki' at Feb 15, 2008,
is it tube? If it is, it might be a portaflex which usually go for way more than that.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Does the seller have any pictures of it? If so, post them here, so we can have a look!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
It was a written message. Didn't mention being tube or anything. Just "30 watt Ampeg bass amp for xCash".
Doubt it's very good then! I'd suggest saving up more anyway, you won't get a decent bass amp for that amount of money.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Doubt it's very good then! I'd suggest saving up more anyway, you won't get a decent bass amp for that amount of money.

True. I want more along the lines of a 200+ watt. I thought maybe there's a small chance that 30 watt Ampeg was a good deal so I had to ask.
Well, if it's one of those tube fliptop thingies, it's definitely worth it. Why not go check it out?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Well, if it's one of those tube fliptop thingies, it's definitely worth it. Why not go check it out?

It definately would be worth it, but to sell one at that price the guy is either a retard or the amp doesnt even work.

Its probably just a little SS one, but please, for the love of James Jamerson, buy it if it is a portaflex.
A T-bird and a Big Muff in your GAS list!? Egad man, are you trying to kill me!?
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Line6 LD150Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join