i've never been able to get the whole strumming motion thing going and the whole chord business working for me,

so now i turn to you, please help me...
Quote by sphere9
practice what though?...

whatever your playing. Listen to the music then copy. Even watch people play off youtube and figure it out.
As they said in the King of Comedy "you are at the bottom -- that is a good place to start...."
Stop showing off and play the music!
Quote by sphere9
but i have nothing to practice and i don't know what i'm doing...

Your favorite songs?
i need to get the hang of playing chords and strumming before i can start trying to learn songs...
try a little thing like this below, you can swap and add chords at your discretion. it's just the rhythm you want to get down,

you want to be looking at keeping your wrist in constant motion - not pausing between strums and stuttering.

notice there are two consecutive downstrokes at the start so make sure you follow this rhythm or your strumming will be inconsistent and lack fluency.

use the strumming pattern provided on the first chord for every other chord.

Quote by Johnljones7443
try a little thing like this below, you can swap and add chords at your discretion. it's just the rhythm you want to get down,

you want to be looking at keeping your wrist in constant motion - not pausing between strums and stuttering.

notice there are two consecutive downstrokes at the start so make sure you follow this rhythm or your strumming will be inconsistent and lack fluency.

use the strumming pattern provided on the first chord for every other chord.

thanks

how do i apply this to a metronome and what kind of motion should i be doing with my wrist?