at the moment i am using a zoom gfx 3 which im not cean on and im looking for a new one would you recomend a multi effect like the gt8 or g9 or spend the money building my own one with individual pedals
i haven't used either of those pedals, but i will say that i have had a few encounters with zoom, and i have never been very pleased with them at all.

if you have the money, custom is really the way to go.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
GT8 is the best out of those multis. If you just want a few effects then go for stompboxes. You'll get better quality effects in the long run.

What amp have you got though? Because there's no point running effects through a crap amp.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
well in the house its a crap amp ive got but when giging i tend to use the inhouse stuff or hire the stuff from our local practice place so id be running it thro a cheap practice amp at home but when giging im using a better amp
Quote by tom_1106
well in the house its a crap amp ive got but when giging i tend to use the inhouse stuff or hire the stuff from our local practice place so id be running it thro a cheap practice amp at home but when giging im using a better amp

Okay, that's like me. I think you'd be better off with the GT8, you could get decent amp tones to run through the amps you gig with. You might want to get a better amp in the future though.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Last edited by weemansyndrome at Feb 15, 2008,
i have used the gt8 one of my frends has got one i loved it but found it a little complex sometimes with the amount of patches that they have what are the pros and cons of a multi effect over stomp boxes? and on the amp front im thinking of renewing it soon and going for a small tube amp maybe 15 to 30 w
zoom g9 man it is such a good sounding pedal with the tubes in it. it has an engl powerball setting which is so realistic. Dont go with the saturated kids toys out there!
Just to add, the GT-10 is out now. Big improvement over the GT-8 (I know coz I own the GT-8 and have tried the GT-10 out). It's also a lot more simple to use.
Damn expensive though; average price of around £350.

That being said, the GT-8 is now coming down a fair bit in price and they're going on eBay for (obviously) even less.
404: Sig not found.
i dont know if its just me but when using multi effects i quite often find myself playing with the same patches all the time is this just me or do other people find the same thing?