I have a feedback problem. When I run my Vox DA5 through my Marshall AVT150, I use the included microphone input for a mic. I then play my guitar and dist. pedal through the amp at the same time.

When turning the gain on the Marshall up, or when playing at high-volume levels (loud enogh to easily be heard above the drums), that's when I get the feedback.

How do you fix this?
Lower the pre-amp gain and/or amplifier gain and raise your mid levels. Feedback is always a problem at high volume. You could also try using a noise gate maybe to cut out any unwanted feedback.
I think I know what the problem is. Your double gaining. Its where you have the gain on the amp high or the overdrive button on, but you have your distortion pedal on too.You want the gain low on the amp or the amp on clean and the distortion pedal on.
But it could also be what Agent_darkboy said, that you may be standing too close to the amp.
Just so I get this straight. You're micing your DA5 and using the AVT as a PA?

I really don't know why you'd do that... The DA5 might sound better, but not enough to go through the hassle of doing all that. But if that's the case, your amp isn't really supposed to be used for a PA. Turn the gain (distortion/OD) on the amp down and put all the controls on it (mids/highs/lows) to the middle position and turn them up until you get feedback, turn them down a little and your problem should be solved. Also, make sure the mic isn't facing you when you're playing.

If I'm reading this wrong, disreguard everything I said
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I actually have the gain up, but it's on clean, gives a much fatter sound.

I'm using the Vox because of the mic input, and I dont have any other way to amplify vocals.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Just so I get this straight. You're micing your DA5 and using the AVT as a PA?

I really don't know why you'd do that... The DA5 might sound better, but not enough to go through the hassle of doing all that. But if that's the case, your amp isn't really supposed to be used for a PA. Turn the gain (distortion/OD) on the amp down and put all the controls on it (mids/highs/lows) to the middle position and turn them up until you get feedback, turn them down a little and your problem should be solved. Also, make sure the mic isn't facing you when you're playing.

If I'm reading this wrong, disreguard everything I said

Not exactly. I hooked the guitar/vocals into the mic and line in input of the Vox, and using the AVT to mix my sound, and amplify it because the AVT is 150 watts, whereas the Vox is 5.
You shouldn't be doing that at all to be honest - does the Vox have a line out and the AVT have a line in? Even so, a guitar AND mic both going into a cheap practice amp and THEN trying to amplify that further is only going to result in an extremely crappy tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com