hello,i want a clear opinion for this question:peavey valveking 112 for black-thrash
metal yes with a petal or not?
In my opinion, no.
It's quite muddy, isn't really voiced for metal and doesn't quite have enough gain for that kinda stuff.
I would save up a little bit more to get a decent amp more geared towards your needs.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Roger, speaker/ tube swap, and i can do it
Try the Randall Rg50tc
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by Yngwi3
In my opinion, no.
It's quite muddy, isn't really voiced for metal and doesn't quite have enough gain for that kinda stuff.
I would save up a little bit more to get a decent amp more geared towards your needs.

Sounds pretty damn good to me:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GY0e-JmvG8Y

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IF9hClUDkVY

This guitarists are just using Valveking heads, no pedals
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Last edited by serbusfish at Feb 15, 2008,
Hm, well first video is really muddy. Second video is better though- it's a little too 'bright' sounding for their genre imo though.
In the solo of the second video though, it muds up a little- but that's probably because they've scooped the mids out a fair bit.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by paranormal5150
No peavey 6505 for metal

Depends how much he has though..
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

He can certainly get a Peavey 5150 combo (used) for about the same price as a new VK (at least, if he lives in the States, he can). He might not even need a pedal, unless he wants to tighten up his tone a bit or get a lead boost.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
A couple of local guys around here have 112 Valvekings, both of them have swapped speakers and both of them are now much happier. One guy put an Eminence Legend in his and it did wonders for the low end definition. I'm thinking it will probably handle KT-66 power tubes as well (which also do great things for low end definition in amps where 6L6GC's come short).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Don't judge an amps sound from clips, they can fool you. Go play the VK and others and take your time. Used is a great way to go for a high-gain amp like the 5150/6505.
I've just always hated the valveking. Everytime Ive played one and everytime I've heard one I was never impressed. Theres solid state amps I was more impressed with. I'd just save up more money for the used 5150. I mean if you can get a valveking you can wait a month or two longer and get something better.