Hearing some bad sh*t about these. Yet others say they're great. I have no opportunity to try one. I tried every store in my state. Nobody has one to check out.

I'm contemplating the 7 string Xyphos, but that isn't available till MAY. Yet the BASTARDS in Germany already have them.

I'd get the 6 string, but have no use for a tremelo. What do you think? Anybody own one? Good, bad? Pros? Cons?

If you don't need a tremolo, you might as well go for the 7-string. I think the primary criticism has been about the Edge III tremolo in the 6-string.
Well, if I did get the 6 string, I'd just block off the tremelo, like I always do. What's the issue with it? Knife edges getting dull?
Its a great guitar, but the trem lets it down. I have an RG370DX, its the same bridge. But if you block it up you shouldn't any problems.

But yeah, great specs for the price they're asking. Personally I'd wait for the 7 string, because 7>6 and its a hardtail.

EDIT: The problem is that its just generally not very good. Poorly made, doesn't stay in tune, etc..
Quote by knuckleslammer
Wish they could have made it in black and not that sparkley bullsh*t

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Can be easily solved, just strip it down and put a new paintjob on it.
Quote by knuckleslammer
Wish they could have made it in black and not that sparkley bullsh*t

because there aren't enough black Ibanez's already...
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
because there aren't enough black Ibanez's already...

exactly.

I'm glad they're bringing a bit more colour back.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
personally i think the camelion paint job looks dope. it changes from blue to red to green depending on what angle you hold it at and how the light hits it
I think the finish looks cool. I'd buy it on an RG with a decent tremolo.
So, I'm seeing these pop up on forums with US owners and nobody will fess up where they are being acquired from. ZZounds has them listed but not in stock. Anybody else have any info, please chime in.

Kevin
ive played it. the neck sucks. its painted and its not even wizard I or II profile. gay
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by Tom_hatton
Its a great guitar, but the trem lets it down. I have an RG370DX, its the same bridge. But if you block it up you shouldn't any problems.

But yeah, great specs for the price they're asking. Personally I'd wait for the 7 string, because 7>6 and its a hardtail.

EDIT: The problem is that its just generally not very good. Poorly made, doesn't stay in tune, etc..

You can get the Xiphos 6 string in black I know musiciansfriend.com has them, and from what i played they feel good and play well.
the gear:
Jackson RR3 Trans red
LTD EX-260 White with black bevel
Ibanez RG3ex1 quilt red
Agile Ghost Pro 727 White
Krank Rev Jr.and cab
Blackheart 5W head
DigitechRP500
Quote by knuckleslammer
Done, on it's way to me. I'll have it Friday. 7 string Xiphos.

Congrats!

(and this does mean that you'll owe us a review plus pic thread )
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Yes, I will post detailed pics since all the other people take 2 pics and assume that's sufficient. I will post lots of pics, so get your dirty socks ready fellas. These guys had 12 of them yesterday and 1 left today which i got luckily.

Kevin
Quote by knuckleslammer
Well, if I did get the 6 string, I'd just block off the tremelo, like I always do. What's the issue with it? Knife edges getting dull?

sh*te metals
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Yeah that's what I figured. I guess Ibanez quality has gone down the poop chute like everything else. Like radiators. My 2004 wifes Jeep liberty, the radiator busted at the seams at 70k miles. Unreal. The thing looks like it was made out of aluminum and plastic. POFS. NEVER EVER BUY A JEEP. Anyhow sorry for the car rant But my point is that nobody can make anything decent anymore.

I've owned about 30 Ibanez's throughout the years and none ever had a single flaw. But these all were before Ibanez turned into greedy **cks like the rest of them and started farming out manufacturing to 3rd world countries so the rich greedy as*holes who live in fear can make sure they have enough money for 50 lifetimes.

See what ya started. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR

Anyhow, if this thing is not 100% perfect it goes back. I can't believe it comes with an IBANEZ case. I called zzounds and they don't even have a case. They said they'd sell me a gator case that I could butcher to fit the guitar. Now why do some shops get cases with them and others don't?

I know the greedy PHUCKS at Guitar Center scoff up the cases and sell you the guitar for the "with case included" price and charge you $100 extra for the case. I'm so glad I could order this Xiphos from a real shop who's actually going to look the thing over. I told them "one glue smear, one scratch, one dent" and it goes back. If there's dents, that's fine, as long as it's the dents I put in it. Sick of online retailers so it's good to not have to order 1 of these from the evil 3.

Kevin