ive been playin on and off for about a year and i kno 10-15 chords and 3 full songs, animal i have become- three days grace ,everything-buckcherry and your time has come-audioslave. but i need some help with what to do for practicing and wut are sum easy song in the metal and punk genres?
The best advice I could give you on practicing is to set a schedule. It doesn't have to be completely strict, just a general outline of what you want to accomplish, such as:

30 minutes of technique-related exercises
30 minutes of scales/chord construction
30 minutes of improvisation
30 minutes of working on a particular song

And so on. Just get a general idea of what you want to do, but make sure you cover both the technical aspects of playing and improvisational ideas based off of your knowledge of theory. As for easy songs, I can give you a couple of ideas in the metal department as I don't listen to punk, sorry:

Metallica - Enter Sandman
Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming
Accept - Balls to the Wall
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train (solo may be difficult depending on your playing level)

Hope this helps.
thanks for the ideas on the songs and practice but im self taught so i don't know anything abot theory.
Pick up a theory book- I'm completely self-taught as well, but I grabbed The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory and it helped me a lot. I learned enough about theory to now major in music at college, and learning theory will greatly improve your ability to understand what's going on as well as improvise.
i have a book and have been trying to learn it but its kinda confusing but ill keep working on it and thanks again for the help
Sure, no problem. Let me know if you have any problems with it, and keep at it. Good luck!
practice music theory as soon as possible...

when u start to create your own songs...you will love urself for it.

When u practice ur scales..so things like string skipping . Its like
a brain twister..

Learn some jimi hendrix....Not to say that everyone should..

but you will learn some very creative ways to get a rainbow of
sound from as few as 3 notes...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett