I have noticed when I place my Amp (Vox AD30VT) on my floor, the sound has an incredible boost in bass response. But, when I elavate it off the ground useing a thin, wire stool, the bassiness is gone and there is more 'thinness' to the sound, with more trebly and less punch.

Is there a common concensus on to how an Amp should be placed in a room?

Even so, Im sure its nothing a little EQ couldn't fix, but just to make sure...
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

A lot of what you're feeling is just the reverberation of the floor as it's directly touching the amp. This really isn't noticeable if you're more than about twenty feet away and shouldn't be a determining factor in how you set your amp up for gigs. If the amp is elevated, the speakers will project the sound higher and can be beneficial when trying to balance the sound in a room. Of course you can always add an EQ, it's never a bad idea.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
the bass soundwaves are the slowest so they tend to dissapear faster in the ground, so when you put your amp on say a table, you will keep more of your bass, this IS proven and it's really obvious when you try it yourself

Greetz,
zerodeck
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
The low frequencies bounce off the floor in front of the amp. No floor = no bounce.
I think amps sound better when they're closer to ear level, anyway. Something about the way the sound bounces around when on the floor just doesn't feel or sound as good as when you put it on a cart or amp-lifting thingies (someone tell me the word and spare me the shame).
if its on the ground, more bass will be prominent, i have my amp slightly elevated, but more importantly, slanted, pointing directly at my head, so i get as much sound as poss with little volume. very important in a band situation
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.