how long would it take someone who has been playing 2 years to learn classical gas (Clapton's version)?
I wasn't aware that Clapton had a version of that song.

As for how long it will take to learn a song, it totally depends on the player...
It takes me a very long time to learn an entire song, because i have the attention span of a goldfish and start playing other things.

It personally took me about 2-3 months to learn the Mason Williams version.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Clapton doesn't have a version of that song. A rumor started a long time ago that the version of the song used in the movie "The Story of Us" was him because he played guitar for many of the other tracks in the film and also was the musical director. This isn't true though. The version in the movie was Mason Williams solo acoustic performance of the song from his record "Handmade."

Anyway, it depends alot on your ability as to how long it will take you to learn the song. It's really not a terribly hard song though. It's mostly the same patterns over and over and none of the fingerings are tough.
I'm still trying to get it down, but I suppose I have the same goldfish thing going on as iceman..
I did it in about 4 months when I had been playing for about 8 months

but I can't play it anymore for some reason O_o

though kudos to you if you pull off the Tommy Emmanuel version
Took me about a week and a half, two weeks. But it's different for everyone, it just depends on how fast you pick it up.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
3-4
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
It really depends on your own ability and your experience with fingerpicking, not necessarily how long youve been playing. Id just say try it, it wont take long at all to realise whether its do-able or beyond your ability.
Quote by rodyrdz
how long would it take someone who has been playing 2 years to learn classical gas (Clapton's version)?

At around 1 year I learned it in 2 months
Quote by rodyrdz

A friend of mine learnt to play it about aprox 18 months playing. It took him a couple of months to get it fluid and up to scratch, he said it took proper determination, but I've heard him nail it, well worth the effort.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
at a year it took me about 2-3 weeks to learn it pretty well
and clapton does have a version..its pretty nuts

look for the youtube guy on classical gas lesssons
he gives some good tips for the beginning, but i wouldnt hold what he says to like a concrete standard if ya feel me
but its good for like starting with an a minor and getting use to diff positions in the song
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
I've been playing for 2 months and I'm learning it right now, up to the chorus its pretty tricky..