Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Buy the fender standard and get a cheaper amp.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Quote by Metalcredge
Buy the fender standard and get a cheaper amp.

Ok, is there a difference between a squire and a fender, i mean, isn't just that squire are made in other country, but same materials... quality might be better too.

Is there a better amp in the same price range?

Is this better?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ampeg-BA112-50W-Single-12-Combo?sku=481776

Though i like to have a FX loops...
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Feb 15, 2008,
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Have you played either of those basses? I think that's a good choice for an amp, it should work well for practice and should keep up with a drummer/guitarist in rehearsal no problem.

I'd definitely go play some basses and pick one you like, you might like the Squier better than the fender. you might also find something different that you like better. I'd look at some Peavey's and Ibanez's, they have several good models in that price range.
Quote by angeldef
Ok, is there a difference between a squire and a fender, i mean, isn't just that squire are made in other country, but same materials... quality might be better too.

No, not at all. The Squier has totally different body wood, hardware, finish, and electronics.

Even in the event where they DO have the same material (i.e. SX), the Asian instruments always have the lowest grade of wood possible.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
No, not at all. The Squier has totally different body wood, hardware, finish, and electronics.

Even in the event where they DO have the same material (i.e. SX), the Asian instruments always have the lowest grade of wood possible.

So you saying the Mexicans have a better wood than the Asian who live mostly on jungles?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
So you saying the Mexicans have a better wood than the Asian who live mostly on jungles?

Yes. They use the cheap, poor quality bits.

But while I agree on the Squire bass, I would consider another amp. Fender rumbles are the epitome of alright. Not bad, not great. Consider saving alittle more to get a much better amp.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Fender rumbles are the epitome of alright. Not bad, not great. Consider saving alittle more to get a much better amp.

It's a Fender Bassman, which is better than a Rumble.

Anywho, in that price range I think you could do better with an Ashdown.
My price range is about $400-600, maybe willing to go $700.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by gm jack
Yes. They use the cheap, poor quality bits.

But while I agree on the Squire bass, I would consider another amp. Fender rumbles are the epitome of alright. Not bad, not great. Consider saving alittle more to get a much better amp.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ampeg-BA112-50W-Single-12-Combo?sku=481776
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
I actually think that's a good choice of bass there, I played one of them a while back and preferred it to any Mexican Fender Jazz I'd played before.

Also the amp is alright, try looking at Ashdown.

Edit: I really don't think it's worth making a whole new thread on saying it's better though, you'll just get flamed, it's probably a good idea to close the other one before it gets closed for you.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Last edited by indie-bassist at Feb 15, 2008,
Quote by indie-bassist
I actually think that's a good choice of bass there, I played one of them a while back and preferred it to any Mexican Fender Jazz I'd played before.

Also the amp is alright, try looking at Ashdown.

+1

I couldn't agree more. The Vintage Modified Jazz just sounded better, felt better and looked better than the Mexican Standard Jazz.
signature
I'm with these guys - if it were me I'd get the Squier Vintage Modified and a better amp rather than the MIM and a cheap amp.
Quote by Captain Insano
It's a Fender Bassman, which is better than a Rumble.

Anywho, in that price range I think you could do better with an Ashdown.

I appologise, didn't read properly.

But I do agree that Ashdown is a serious contender at that price range. Consider Warwick as well.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
I appologise, didn't read properly.

But I do agree that Ashdown is a serious contender at that price range. Consider Warwick as well.

how about the Ampeg BA-112 50W Combo that i listed, is it any good?

Also, which Ashdown are you referring to?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
At that price range consider an Ashdown EB 12 or EB15. Not much more money and you get 80w more power and classy tone.

I like the bass though.
Quote by Hammerzeit
At that price range consider an Ashdown EB 12 or EB15. Not much more money and you get 80w more power and classy tone.

I like the bass though.

Okay, i will check those out

EDIT:Some people, very little, didn't like the EB model... so i don't know about this amp.. Also, looks like its not well know, because i go to HC everytime to check reviews and usually alot of people review products that are good.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Ashdown/EB+12+180+Combo/10/1
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Feb 15, 2008,
Go for the squier and the Fender bassman amp that you chose before. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Go for the squier and the Fender bassman amp that you chose before. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ya, i was thinking about just going back to original plan, with the amp. I will definitely buy the Squire
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
good choice there. squier's are good basses. not warwick or anything high priced but they do the job. i gotta5string deluxe jazz squier and im plesantly surprised
I would actually recommend buying an SX Jazz Bass and an Avatar 2x10 cab with a used GK head than the Fender + Squier.

Bass: http://www.rondomusic.com/product1260.html

Cab: http://www.avatarspeakers.com/B210%20NEO.htm

Head: Gallien-Krueger 400-RB, used

Much more bang for your buck, and you're getting good stuff. The Bassman will have to be replaced when you want to play with a band or have more power.
Last edited by SuperSnake2012 at Feb 16, 2008,
Quote by SuperSnake2012
I would actually recommend buying an SX Jazz Bass and an Avatar 2x10 cab with a used GK head than the Fender + Squier.

Bass: http://www.rondomusic.com/product1260.html

Cab: http://www.avatarspeakers.com/B210%20NEO.htm

Head: Gallien-Krueger 400-RB, used

Much more bang for your buck, and you're getting good stuff. The Bassman will have to be replaced when you want to play with a band or have more power.

hmmm, i don't know about the rondon guitar, UG seem to dislike them as bass but as guitar there pretty good for the price.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W