Hey there guys, need your help on something.

I've been asking around here what kinda of guitar of I should get for myself. I've tried different brands like Ibanez, ESP and Musicman. An option I haven't fully explored yet is having a custom job done. It's a local guitar shop here in the Philippines that's gaining some renown for it's very well done custom jobs. Here's some pics:

More at their website: http://www.elegeeguitars.com/

I can basically combine all the things I liked about the guitars I tried into one super-axe made especially for me No brainer right? Problem is, I know almost nothing about guitar building or materials. I've got no idea about body wood or neck wood, or how many pieces a neck has to have. Pickups, well I know the types and brands but pickup combos just befuddle me. I'd probably put a Seymour Duncan Invader with....I dunno, a JB 51? I've got no idea how that will sound like.

I've already got a design in mind for my guitar and I'm going to base it off Rusty Cooley's Dean RC7 Xenocide, except mine will be a 6-string with passive pickups.

While I like custom graphics, I'm thinking of just going for a transparent black finish with a figured top:

I'm asking for help regarding pickups, body wood, neck wood, tuners....y'know, EVERYTHING . Here's some guidelines for suggestions:

- It has to have a double-locking floating trem. I'm deciding whether to put a Floyd or an Edge Pro/Edge Zero trem.

- An HH setup with coil tap. I'm also thinking of having a piezo installed but it's incredibly pricey.

Again, my aim here is versatility and playability. I'm trying learn to play fast, shredder type stuff with lots of chugging power chords in between but I am not averse to blues, pop and punk and even some jazzier stuff.

BTW, if you'll notice, Dean guitars are my main aesthetic influence for my custom guitar. That's because they're undeniably cool looking (these models at least) and have a striking appearance. Problem is, these things cost an arm and a leg A custom job, especially by a good luthier, can never go wrong since it's designed to the specs YOU want.
id recomend knowing exactey what you want and like before having a guitar built, takes a while to find out whats good for you, i htought i was a thin neck guy but i love my chunky les paul neck
Mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, you may or may not want locking tuners. If you want a floyd rose then i guess get an original since everyone says theyre better than jesus. Dimarzio pickups may be what you want. Look into some SD's as well maybe. But first you need to tell us more details about what you want. If you want a shredder neck then maybe you want something with ibanez wizard neck specs.
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by stephen_rettie
id recomend knowing exactey what you want and like before having a guitar built, takes a while to find out whats good for you, i htought i was a thin neck guy but i love my chunky les paul neck

Agreed. Also, Ibanez won't do Custom Work for non-endorsees. Dean's Custom cost more than Jackson/Charvel customs. In general, its good to have a lot of experience with a lot of different guitars before buying a Custom so you know what you like and don't like. Its your Custom, not mine. I know what mine would have as it would have what I like, but you may like totally different things.

Also consider this; is it worth what you're going to pay for something you may only like as much as what you've got now?
Quote by CJRocker
Agreed. Also, Ibanez won't do Custom Work for non-endorsees. Dean's Custom cost more than Jackson/Charvel customs. In general, its good to have a lot of experience with a lot of different guitars before buying a Custom so you know what you like and don't like. Its your Custom, not mine. I know what mine would have as it would have what I like, but you may like totally different things.

Also consider this; is it worth what you're going to pay for something you may only like as much as what you've got now?

Yeah dean rapes you on their custom stuff. Also yeah. Play for at least a few years before deciding on a custom guitar. Your tastes may completely change, you may be playing fast shredder metal now.. but your tastes may change in a year or two to jazz and blues. Stick with your guitar for a while longer (or get an ibanez or something), play for a while, then decide on a custom piece.
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER