I have a Dean Vendetta 3.0 and I absolutely love it, it is fantastic. I love it so much I wanna get another one but with a Floyd Rose. The only model of it they make that has the neck-thru and the floyd rose is the Vendetta 4F. The problem is that the guitar only comes in translucent black. I'm opposed to having a black guitar because let's face it, they are everywhere (not totally opposed, my V coustic is black but it only came in that or natural and for $200 i'm not gonna bitch but for $629, I want options) Has anyone ever gotten an axe directly from the company?
DO Guitar Companies do custom paint jobs? I'm just talking like make it trans green instead of black. Oh, and if they do, how much does that cost?

Thanks in advance!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
The only company that sells direct I know of is Carvin, and smaller custom shops like GMW and Ran. Likewise, companies only do Custom Paint on well, customs. Doesn't stop you from having someone like Mike Learn do a refinish on it though.
i think esp does custom paint jobs the form is on their site if u want to check it out
how much would the mike learn refinish cost? I've done these myself but never on an expensive axe before, just on old beaters.
Quote by ValoRhoads
how much would the mike learn refinish cost? I've done these myself but never on an expensive axe before, just on old beaters.

Depends. He has a website. If you want to go for an out airbrushed graphic, I believe it can be upwards of $800 going by Jackson's list prices. A simpler one would probably only be around $200. I don't know what it would cost for him to simply strip it and restain it. I would advise if you do that though to go all out on it with a graphic. If you want to keep it simple, give GMW Guitars a call or email and see if they'll do it for you.
Thnks! that's solid info!
With a little practice you could do it yourself.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
btw, dean does not do custom paint jobs, sent 'em an email, and they answered no.
If you go to the Peavey website, you can go through there custom program and even upload an image to see what it would look like on the guitar.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience on how good the Peavey customs are. I've heard some good things, just not as many comments in comparison to other custom manufacturers.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
If you go to the Peavey website, you can go through there custom program and even upload an image to see what it would look like on the guitar.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience on how good the Peavey customs are. I've heard some good things, just not as many comments in comparison to other custom manufacturers.

My guitar teacher has an HP. It is an AMAZING guitar. He holds it up against his Tom Anderson and a Parker he had awhile back. Amazing top, killer birdseye maple neck, and the Peavey trem stop thingy is cool too. Only issue they cost about $4k with a Custom finish