it's stuff like this

i imagine they'd be quite hard to play but i've never used one so i don't know
maybe easier for solos?
Rockin' shit
^ way to be open to new ideas.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
how does that even work???
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
They're actually supposed to be more ergonomic, but I dunno if thats true, thats just what wikipedia says.
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
yeah, if it was a bass, why does it have guitar tuners on the bottom of the head?
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Quote by rancidryan
its ment for on basses i think and that is a bass oh boy i sound dumb

http://www.novaxguitars.com/sales/ch8-semihollow.html

It's an 8 string guitar, not a bass.
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
Quote by icon_player_5
how does that even work???

each string has a different scale length so the fret intervals are bigger for the lower strings and smaller for the higher strings.

higher strings have a shorter scale (and therefore less tension) so as to allow all kinds of crazy bends and the lower strings can be down tuned/sound chunkier in standard.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
For examples of a similar fanned-fret guitar in action, check out guitarist Charlie Hunter. Search also for the Charlie Hunter Trio.

I saw him playing a fanned-fret guitar in 1992. Still plays them as far as I know.
Quote by Varkunus
itonation must be a pain in the ass

Why? It's like that becuase of the scale lengths of each string. So if anything, intonation is easier.

May well just be talking tits.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
The other reason they are made (as far as i am aware anyway) is so that you can get guitars that tune to circle of fifths (like a violin) rather than fourths. Though i guess thats just a variation on using different scale lengths....
Adam
Quote by adzlee123
The other reason they are made (as far as i am aware anyway) is so that you can get guitars that tune to circle of fifths (like a violin) rather than fourths. Though i guess thats just a variation on using different scale lengths....

you can tune normal guitars to fifths too. You'd just need to use a different gauge of strings than normal because of the increased range (higher highs and lower lows).

In fact that was one of the suggestions in total guitar magazine last year. It's the so called 'new standard' tuning.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
As some have said it is designed to let you get multiple scale lengths on one guitar--this is so with more strings (very rarely do fanned fret guitars have less than 8) you can keep good tension on the lower strings without severely affecting the higher ones.