when guitar hero first came out i bashed it. i thought it was gay considering i already knew how to play. weird thing is, if it wasnt for that game , i would still be struggling with my pinky finger on the fret board. its kinda weird but what the hell. anybody else think guitar hero is good for the musician?
No.

It's good because of the fact that it immerses you in music and you hear other people play constantly. It's also good practice with basic rhythmic division. It exposes young'uns to decent music.

It's bad because if you had just been practicing guitar in the first place instead of playing guitar hero for all of that time, you wouldn't have any problem using your pinky to begin with.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Well, to be honest, guitar hero was what got me to finally start playing guitar in the first place.

It does help to build raw hand strength, since playing it for a few hours straight can get a bit tough, but it builds unnecessary tension and does not develop and accurate muscle memory. Pretty much, there are just 5 frets and one string. How well could you practice guitar if you had a guitar that only had 5 frets and one string? Not very well, I would imagine.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Quote by Rebelw/outaCord
No.

It's good because of the fact that it immerses you in music and you hear other people play constantly. It's also good practice with basic rhythmic division. It exposes young'uns to decent music.

It's bad because if you had just been practicing guitar in the first place instead of playing guitar hero for all of that time, you wouldn't have any problem using your pinky to begin with.

true... i suppose if i wasnt in such a hurry to learn stuff i wouldve taken the time to incorparate my pinky
but it does help with building up strength and hand eye coordination. it did always annoy me that it was like that 1 string 5 frets. oh well
yes, i think it's good just cos it gets people to start, The more players, the more rock and roll.
It is cool that it encourages people to start playing.

I just get fed up as a teacher when I find out that students were playing guitar hero all week instead of practicing.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Quote by Rebelw/outaCord
It is cool that it encourages people to start playing.

I just get fed up as a teacher when I find out that students were playing guitar hero all week instead of practicing.

ohhh i see. i can see how it would piss u off then. well i guess its one of those things u cant over indulge in then
Its scary how many people get freakishly good at that game. If half that time went into real guitar playing, there would be young Ynwgies everywhere
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Quote by Rebelw/outaCord
Its scary how many people get freakishly good at that game. If half that time went into real guitar playing, there would be young Ynwgies everywhere

lmao thats true. its funny cuz my friend is like that and we will duel. him on the game and me on the guitar and i whoop his ass everytime!!