lol, out of tune I mean. I've got a Jay Turser LP clone and just recently I've noticed that the G string won't stay in tune for more than four minutes. I never noticed this problem prior to now.

I'm thinking that as this was the first guitar I ever restrung I may have gotten it a little wrong. Anyone agree?

PS: Don't tell me to get a new guitar, I'm waiting on an Epi Les Paul Custom.
get new tuners, or you don't string it properly

I bought some lovely grover locking tuners and haven't had a problem since
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Physics say that the G string should come out of tune easier than the others.

Check if it's twisted around the peg properly.

Did you stretch the strings after you changed them?
I'm guessing you didn't restring it very well, or it could be your tuners. But try restringing and see if the problem continues.
Quote by whoismilan
Physics say that the G string should come out of tune easier than the others.

Check if it's twisted around the peg properly.

Did you stretch the strings after you changed them?

yea mine goes out of tune faster on all my guitars. I hate the G string, its always going out of tune.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
yea mine goes out of tune faster on all my guitars. I hate the G string, its always going out of tune.

If you are bothered by it, one thing you could try is to get a set of strings where the G string is wound. Some people have an easier time with these, but of course wound strings feels different, and they are also slightly wider so you would also want to check whether your nut is filed to fit it.
wound strings do tend to stay in tune better, but the best solution is the locking tuners. your jay turser probably has bad tuners which doesn't help. also i believe some graphite in the nut is supposed to help this problem?

i bet if you had a girlfriend with this problem you wouldn't be complaining on this site
I wouldn't be surprised if the knock-off kluston style tuners are going bad. The guitar is quite old.

I just restrung the thing; we'll see if that fixes things.
Shave some pencil led and rub it into the groove of the nut.
I started having problems with my g string until I did this.
Now it holds tuning 70% better than before; maybe even 90%
It could be you're tuners though.