there's £50 between them so price isn't really an issue. Don't be bias.

Tele £290
Epi £340
Both would be equally suited for it, and both are really good guitars. But they also each have a very distinctive sound to them. Try them out, see which you like better
epi dot is semi hollow. With a lot of distortion or at high volumes those tend to feedback. If youre gonna use lots of distortion, not the epi dot. Might wanna check out an Epi les paul standard/custom out too.

buy whatever sounds right to your ear and plays well in your hands.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
I own them both. For the styles of music you list, Rock and Classic Rock, I'm thinking you might have better luck with the Tele. IMHO the Tele is slightly more versatile than the Dot Studio. Also, it seems to me, there are many more mods and accessories available for the Tele, if you think you might want to customize your instrument later. If you had said you were into Blues or Jazz, I would have quickly recommended the Dot Studio. Of course with the right effects package and amp EQ, you could easily make either instrument sound just like the other. So, in the final analysis, it's going to be about which guitar feels right to you. There is a "smoothness" to the Tele that allows me to play faster than other guitars. On the other hand, when I'm playing the Epi, I actually feel a part of the instrument (connected at the rosewood fretboard). In my case, when faced with the decision, I couldn't choose and, eventually ended up with both (and others as well). One last thing: Before you decide on the faded cherry Epi Dot, do yourself a favor and take a look at the vintage sunburst version of this beautiful instrument. I immediately fell in love with mine and we've been together ever since.
gjack316
Quote by Walternativo
epi dot is semi hollow. With a lot of distortion or at high volumes those tend to feedback. If youre gonna use lots of distortion, not the epi dot. Might wanna check out an Epi les paul standard/custom out too.

buy whatever sounds right to your ear and plays well in your hands.

Teles hum more than semi-hollows.

I'd go for the Dot, semi-hollows are amazing.
Dickless.
had alot of guitars . still got six . my mim tele ive held on to the longest. dose it all. i love teles . ive played a epi dot and a tele back to back. prefered the tele. you should compare your self.chalk and cheeze. but my sons friend prefered the semi and bought a whashburn semi.