I never considered the Alexi-600 before when it was $1,050, but Sam Ash has a sale on them for $700. I dunno any other guitar that comes with an OFR for $700 new.

I already have an EMG 81 I could swap the HZ for, so would this be a pretty good deal? A high-end LTD with an OFR for $700.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=2&TempID=3&STRID=132253&Method=0&CategoryID=0&BrandID=0&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=GROUP&GroupCode=EM0207%5FGTRA
for those who haven't seen it yet.
Last edited by rwalby9 at Feb 15, 2008,
Do you need a neck pickup? If not then get, its a great guitar only downside is the lack of the neck pickup
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Do you need a neck pickup? If not then get, its a great guitar only downside is the lack of the neck pickup

I really don't. I don't handle really any cleans, and I prefer the sounds on my leads on the bridge.
Then I say get it. Also if you want something close to alexi's tone, you might wanna consider a gain booster. But its optional.

What amp do you have dude?
Oh I have a Peavey 5150. I'm not worried about nailing Alexi's tone, I just need a new guitar XD. I'm pretty set in the amp department.
Awesome, You have a great amp, and it will do the 81 good. Nothing like a high gain amp paired up with an active EMG
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Awesome, You have a great amp, and it will do the 81 good. Nothing like a high gain amp paired up with an active EMG

Yeah, I used to love the sound with my Warrior but I broke that guitar lol.

Thanks, I wanted a second opinion before I went all the way out to the nearest Sam Ash. I think the closest one is like 45 minutes away from here, would kinda suck to drive all the way out there and see a crap guitar.

Btw, your band's music is cool. Keep it up.