So after a good 2 months, the arm holder for my ZR snapped which i hear is a pretty common problem. I'm looking to order a replacement holder but i can't make out what i need to be looking for. (EG 2ZR2 - 5, Model numbers) I've been on the ibanez site and it dosn't show any images of any model numbers.

can anyone point me to a site based in the UK which would help me out??

Thanks
Attachments:
Arm.jpg
Last edited by Davester000 at Feb 15, 2008,
Put a solid metal FR piece in instead.

**** Ibanez, that's happened to me, and they lost a customer because of it .
Dickless.
Or better yet, replace it with an Edge socket. The assembly is 2LE2-13/14/15/16 (four parts - Rich at Ibanezrules has them). If you replace it with another ZR part, chances are you'll be repairing it again in two months.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Or better yet, replace it with an Edge socket. The assembly is 2LE2-13/14/15/16 (four parts - Rich at Ibanezrules has them). If you replace it with another ZR part, chances are you'll be repairing it again in two months.

I'll look into edge parts i think

Guess i'd need a arm also??
Quote by Davester000
Guess i'd need a arm also??
Yeah, Edge arm is different from the ZR.

As a word of warning, however - before you go for it, try a guitar with an Edge/LoPro/Edge Pro and see if you like the feel of the arm. If you're partial to the screw-in type, that assembly might disappoint you.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
i liked the height adjustment on the ZR arm. nothing i can't get used to though i guess. ill try and get to my music shop tomorrow
^ In that case you might want to give OFR/Schaller socket a go - no reason why they won't work, however I don't know where you can obtain one. Height adjustment on Edge is somewhat of a bitch to do.
Question: On my ZR, the arm is really loose, and wears away pretty fast, what parts exactly would I need to make sure it stays in firm?
Funny words.
Is it loose within the socket, or is the actual socket loose? Also, "wears away" in what sense?
Quote by pifty
^ In that case you might want to give OFR/Schaller socket a go - no reason why they won't work, however I don't know where you can obtain one. Height adjustment on Edge is somewhat of a bitch to do.

Sorry about the questions,

How does the edge arm cope with the tension the user wants it at? like whether the bar swings freely or whether it stays solid in the position the user leaves it at?

I'm thinking of buying sets of both ZR and EDGE sockets and trying the EDGE first...
Within the socket, basically it always swings down and causes an immense amount of rattling against the volume knob. And wears aways in the sense that there is continuous metal "dust" coming off it.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Within the socket, basically it always swings down and causes an immense amount of rattling against the volume knob. And wears aways in the sense that there is continuous metal "dust" coming off it.
I've seen a few cases of ZR arms not sitting tight within the thread because they were incompatible. I have this strange feeling that original ZR arms were smaller than the revision arms, and dealers just kept throwing the old arms into boxes with new trems. On the other hand, I've seen ZR arms that were tight and nice like a sixteen year old on her first time.

Generally, I'd recommend replacing the whole socket if you have problems with it, or the moment you start having problems with it. It's unfortunate that the ZR socket is so utterly shitty. Oh well, when the new ZRII/Edge Zero parts will start popping up for sale, we'll have the ultimate socket.

Quote by Davester000
Sorry about the questions,

How does the edge arm cope with the tension the user wants it at? like whether the bar swings freely or whether it stays solid in the position the user leaves it at?

I'm thinking of buying sets of both ZR and EDGE sockets and trying the EDGE first...
No problem, man. That's the downside of Edge - the tension is pretty much regulated by the plastic washers on the arm. With two fresh washers it'll be tight, one washer will keep it loose.

The problem is that the goddamn things wear down with time, and you have to change them when they do. Plus, there are no easy way to dial in some in-between tension to the Edge arm. It never bothered me much, but I can see how it can be a problem to many people.
I've seen a few cases of ZR arms not sitting tight within the thread because they were incompatible. I have this strange feeling that original ZR arms were smaller than the revision arms, and dealers just kept throwing the old arms into boxes with new trems. On the other hand, I've seen ZR arms that were tight and nice like a sixteen year old on her first time.

Generally, I'd recommend replacing the whole socket if you have problems with it, or the moment you start having problems with it. It's unfortunate that the ZR socket is so utterly shitty. Oh well, when the new ZRII/Edge Zero parts will start popping up for sale, we'll have the ultimate socket.

It was tight for a few months but after that it started wearing away and got to the start it is now.

What would you recommend I get to stop this happening in the future? What components of the Edge trem will work with it?
Funny words.
you guys are talking about using different trem's sockets. Could I replace my original floyd rose's screw on socket with a push in type one?
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
The parts I mentioned before are the ones you'll need to replace the ZR socket with the Edge socket completely:
Quote by pifty
The assembly is 2LE2-13/14/15/16 (four parts - Rich at Ibanezrules has them).

Quote by elchico04
you guys are talking about using different trem's sockets. Could I replace my original floyd rose's screw on socket with a push in type one?
A tentative yes.