This is the first time I've ever had to replace a tube (in my Carvin Legacy). I read that you just pull them out, but I don't want to damage anything. FYI, the tubes hang down, the base isn't at the bottom, I don't know if that matters at all. Thanks, please respond quickly, as I'm going to GC this afternoon, and the old tube needs to be with to "sort some things out", the tube could possibly not be the reason the reverb's not working.
Give it a pull and wiggle it a bit.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
If it's a tube driven reverb, then yes a tube failure will cause the reverb to stop working.

You just pull the tubes out. A lot of amps with downward hanging tubes have tube retainers that keep them from eventually working their way out. If yours has these, then a screwdriver should be all it takes to get them loose.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
remember to put on a soft glove or wrap a dust cloth around your hand when you takeout/put in the tubes. This will prevent oil from your hands getting on them and potentially shortening their life
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
remember to put on a soft glove or wrap a dust cloth around your hand when you takeout/put in the tubes. This will prevent oil from your hands getting on them and potentially shortening their life
pfft, I handle tubes all the time, it doesn't do anything.
Quote by MrCarrot
pfft, I handle tubes all the time, it doesn't do anything.

as much as i think that's true, you can't know if it actually doesn't do anything.
the ol' "oil on the hands" thing is an overblown myth

Q...How many old school Les Paul fans does it take to change a lightbulb?
A...Four!
One to change the lightbulb, and three others to stand around talking about how great
the OLD lightbulb used to be!
Quote by The red Strat.
as much as i think that's true, you can't know if it actually doesn't do anything.
Just as equally, you can't prove it does anything.

The theory is that the oil can cause glass fractures....

But even so, the tube is far more likely to just die than fracture glass from that.

And from all the videos and pictures i've seen, people like Bob at Eurotubes and the people working on Mesa's Robotube machine all use their bare hands to handle tubes.

+1 To the guys above and below me.

However the **** wrong that sounds
Generally the only time gloves are necessary is when the tubes are hot and you don't feel like burning your hand off.
Agreed, you can handle tubes and it will not shorten their life any. If you understand how a tube works, you will understand that finger oil on the outside of the tube will not cause any ill effects. However if you feel like wearing gloves, by all means, please do!
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by Gutch220
the ol' "oil on the hands" thing is an overblown myth

Q...How many old school Les Paul fans does it take to change a lightbulb?
A...Four!
One to change the lightbulb, and three others to stand around talking about how great
the OLD lightbulb used to be!

No it isn't. The oil on your hands will burn on the tube. Put a sock on your hand and put the new tubes in. If you don't believe it then touch all over the tube, put it in, and check out your finger residue burning on it.
Quote by paranormal5150
No it isn't. The oil on your hands will burn on the tube. Put a sock on your hand and put the new tubes in. If you don't believe it then touch all over the tube, put it in, and check out your finger residue burning on it.

Sure, it will burn off, but exactly how is this going to negatively affect the tube's lifespan? The critical operation of the tube depends on a temperature difference between the cathode and the anode, which are inside the tube and have no contact with the glass casing. The casing really isn't what's important (except for maintaining the vacuum), heck the old production 6L6's had metal casing.
Well I say its been told for this long for a reason and I don't take chances. It's going to take about two seconds to put a sock on your hand so just use the sock!
If you don't know what you're doing then take it to a profesinal.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.