Page 1 of 2
So, lately (About a month now) my life just seems to be getting more tiresome, etc etc. And I've accumulated enough repressed emotions for the whole of the EA tech staff (Inside nerd joke. They're soulless you know).

So, I want to distract myself. I've been over thinking everything everything and I just need to sort my head out by relaxing. So how do you folks do it?

By the way:
- IcyHoy didn't work.
- No I do not like Mudkipz.
- Already fapped.
- Already done a Barrel Roll
- <Insert another meme here>

Any help appreciated.
Start a woodworking project, it's fun and pretty time consuming.

Build a guitar or something.
Quote by codybcool
Smoke a joint

+100
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by boreamor
I don't smoke weed.

Well start

Its not bad for you and it relieves stress
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Ez0ph
Well start

Its not bad for you and it relieves stress

Nah it's not the health issues or anything. I just don't like the idea of it. I don't understand it myself!
Quote by codybcool
Smoke a joint

and icyhot isnt that great i used bengay maximum strength twice
Quote by boreamor
Nah it's not the health issues or anything. I just don't like the idea of it. I don't understand it myself!

What don't you understand
Its a plant that makes you feel good
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Try your hand at electronics and build yourself an amp.

Failing that, become a piro and burn your current atrocity.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by Ez0ph
What don't you understand
Its a plant that makes you feel good

Nah I don't understand why I can't let myself do it. In all honesty, I have been very tempted to do it lately.
get a new hobby (i dont mean that as an insult)

try a sport or something?
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by boreamor
Nah I don't understand why I can't let myself do it. In all honesty, I have been very tempted to do it lately.

Well its not something that you can get addicted to
So I'd try it out and see if it works for you
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Ez0ph
Well its not something that you can get addicted to
So I'd try it out and see if it works for you

Hmmm I dunno. I should probably find out more about it first. (I'm cautious when it comes to this stuff)
let this be stickied for all the posts complaining about life

IF YOUR FEELING DOWN, SMOKE !!!!

it makes you happy and gives you the insight to think about why you think life sux, when it doesnt, life never sucks if youve got the mary jane
Uh, but then after you've smoked it, your life will still be a mess. Doesn't really change anything.

I'm with the hobby guy up there.
Quote by boreamor
Hmmm I dunno. I should probably find out more about it first. (I'm cautious when it comes to this stuff)

Me too,
I looked up just about everything I could about it
What I found was that its never been proven to cause any brain damage, and they've done tests
And it you can't get physically addicted to it
You can't overdose on marijuana
It never killed someone, save for the morons who got behind the wheel of a car
Theres all sorts of things that are being told to the public that arent true

In my group therapy, there was a picture of a brain on the wall of someone who smoked pot for two years that was supposedly unhealthy, but when I asked the therapist if that was true, she said no, but shes still against marijuana. And she had to admit to it not being damaging.
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Ez0ph
Me too,
I looked up just about everything I could about it
What I found was that its never been proven to cause any brain damage, and they've done tests
And it you can't get physically addicted to it
You can't overdose on marijuana
It never killed someone, save for the morons who got behind the wheel of a car
Theres all sorts of things that are being told to the public that arent true

In my group therapy, there was a picture of a brain on the wall of someone who smoked pot for two years that was supposedly unhealthy, but when I asked the therapist if that was true, she said no, but shes still against marijuana. And she had to admit to it not being damaging.

It is really tempting. But I mean I'm 16 and I live with my parents. It'd be bloody difficult to get a hold of and conceal.
Self-medication isn't a permanent solution. You just need to meet some new people, or do something new.

Edit: ^it's actually pretty easy to get hold of, and conceal, so long as you are not daft. But smoking weed isn't a solution to life's problems, it just hides them, same as alcohol. Not trying to bash either of those substances, SWIM loves them. Just don't want to see you pushed down a certain road for the wrong reasons.
...Bleep Bloop...
Last edited by GHJ at Feb 15, 2008,
Quote by boreamor
It is really tempting. But I mean I'm 16 and I live with my parents. It'd be bloody difficult to get a hold of and conceal.

Thats what I thought.
I'm 15 btw.
Its actually easier to find than you think.
One out of three kids in high school knows someone who sells weed (or knows someone who knows someone)
So just ask someone you think looks like smokes weed if they have any connects
And then the only trick is to find a place to smoke it
Definatly not your house.
I usually go to the park with some friends
Use eye drops to get rid of the red eyes
I have some cuz I wear contacts, im pretty sure you can get some at walmart
spray yourself with a ****load of axe to get rid of the smell
and chew some gum to get rid of breath
It works for me, I haven't gotten caught
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by GHJ
Self-medication isn't a permanent solution. You just need to meet some new people, or do something new.

Yeah. But firstly I need to calm down and change my way of thinking, etc. Because if I meet new people I don't really want to lose these ones too.
If you want to change the way you think, or perceive things, perhaps try reading some Marxist material, then some humanist and even some feminist philosophies. I've done a fair bit of reading down that road over the past few months, it's very interesting and thought provoking.

Edit: On reflection I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by GHJ
If you want to change the way you think, or perceive things, perhaps try reading some Marxist material, then some humanist and even some feminist philosophies. I've done a fair bit of reading down that road over the past few months, it's very interesting and thought provoking.

Edit: On reflection I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here.

Lol I already know my views on stuff. Its little things like not letting things bother me etc.
sorry dudes weed can cause problems like paranoia, depression, vivid dreams where you talk and move about a lot in your sleep and you can get addicted.
my brothers been on it for about 3 years although he hasn't been depressed or paranoid he does all the other stuff i mentioned and once he was really determined to break the habit because he knows its bad for him and the longest he lasted was a few days before he went back to it. All drugs just spell bad news, they ain't worth it.
Quote by epiphoneg310
...and you can get addicted...
...break the habit...

Marijuana is habit forming, coke is addictive.

QFT!

I know people who've smoked marijuana for years and don't have paranoia/other "symptoms".
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Hmm, well a certain amount of that is just down to life experience. You're still pretty young and will change in personality/outlook as you get older/mature. Leaving home etc etc was good for me, it forces you to put yourself in situations you're perhaps not that comfortable in/dealing with, and you learn that way. Or at least I did.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by epiphoneg310
sorry dudes weed can cause problems like paranoia, depression, vivid dreams where you talk and move about a lot in your sleep and you can get addicted.
my brothers been on it for about 3 years although he hasn't been depressed or paranoid he does all the other stuff i mentioned and once he was really determined to break the habit because he knows its bad for him and the longest he lasted was a few days before he went back to it. All drugs just spell bad news, they ain't worth it.

This is bull.
First of all weed isnt a drug.
Drugs are man-made by definition.
But second of all, you cannot get physically addicted.
It doesn't have anything in it to get you addicted.
You may get psychologically addicted.
Thats not true addiction, thats where you just want it because you like it.
You can get psychologically addicted to music, or food, or anything really.
And its a myth that it causes paranoia and schizophrenia.
It only does that in people who already have that.
Then there is a possibility that it would bring it out.
But in people without mental conditions, it can't do anything.
Trust me, I have asked any and all questions to all kinds of "anti-pot" people
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
To TS and others, Drug thread or http://www.erowid.org/

Anything else, chaps?
Call me Callum

Quote by boreamor
So, lately (About a month now) my life just seems to be getting more tiresome, etc etc. And I've accumulated enough repressed emotions for the whole of the EA tech staff (Inside nerd joke. They're soulless you know).

So, I want to distract myself. I've been over thinking everything everything and I just need to sort my head out by relaxing. So how do you folks do it?

By the way:
- IcyHoy didn't work.
- No I do not like Mudkipz.
- Already fapped.
- Already done a Barrel Roll
- <Insert another meme here>

Any help appreciated.

you know that voice inside your head that tells you to not care and just say **** it, but you resist because you think you know you need to think about something? listen to that voice more(moderation is key though) and you'll be fine.
I've met plenty of people who are fried from pot use in their younger yrs. SWIM loves it, but you cant deny there are risks involved. Either way this shouldn't turn into another drug debate thread.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by roythereaper
To TS and others, Drug thread or http://www.erowid.org/

Anything else, chaps?

If we could only talk about things in one thread then there would only be about five threads. As long as this one isn't only about marijuana, you can still talk about it. Besides, marijuana is never talked about in the drug thread
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by roythereaper
Marijuana is habit forming, coke is addictive.

QFT!

I know people who've smoked marijuana for years and don't have paranoia/other "symptoms".

It doesn't matter if you've smoked it for 1 or 10 years it can still leave you susceptible to mental illness and exaggerate your feelings if your depressed . Check wikipedia and scroll down to health issues if you think I'm full of s*it.
Quote by Ez0ph
If we could only talk about things in one thread then there would only be about five threads. As long as this one isn't only about marijuana, you can still talk about it. Besides, marijuana is never talked about in the drug thread

Maybe so, but if it turns into a full-blown debate over "does marijuana turn you into a vegetable?" then it's better for the drug thread, and if that's what the TS wants to know about that's where he can go.

EDIT:
Quote by epiphoneg310
Check wikipedia and scroll down to health issues if you think I'm full of s*it.

I'm going to be a hypocrite and continue here, Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, potheads or anti-drug fanatics included. Wikipedia is not the word of God, remember.
Call me Callum

Quote by epiphoneg310
It doesn't matter if you've smoked it for 1 or 10 years it can still leave you susceptible to mental illness and exaggerate your feelings if your depressed . Check wikipedia and scroll down to health issues if you think I'm full of s*it.

Marijuana can only cause mental illness to people who already have it. In that case, I agree, people who have mental illness shouldn't smoke pot if it makes it worse. But it has no affect on people who don't have one. Or me, who does have a mental illness, but it doesn't affect me.
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Forget drugs, forget hobbies, forget friends, forget alcohol.

Fap again.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by roythereaper

I'm going to be a hypocrite and continue here, Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, potheads or anti-drug fanatics included. Wikipedia is not the word of God, remember.

+1
Wikipedia can be changed by anybody. Just cause it says something doesn't mean its true.
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Page 1 of 2