Is the Marshall VS100 half stack any good? I can't seem to find too much info on it. Anything you guys know about it would help and be greatly appreciated. Is it solid state or tube, etc...?
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Standard Plus(Honey Burst finish)
Fernandes Retrorocket Elite
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
It's a hybrid amp.
It's on the Marshall site under the Heritage.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
my friend use to have the 50 or mabe 75 watt version, there a really nice sounding SS hybrid, but still is not = to a good tube amp. It can do many tones okay, but doesn't really sound great doing anything, other than cleans. They are a lot better than the new AVT marshall line. The cab sounds pretty good though. BTW your valveking 212 has much better tone than the VS but the VS is not that bad, whats the price??
Last edited by Johnbryant at Feb 15, 2008,
Haven't gotten a chance to talk to the guy yet, he just left a message on my phone. What would be a good price for it? Also, would I be able to use the head to run a talk box?
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Standard Plus(Honey Burst finish)
Fernandes Retrorocket Elite
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
Quote by ikeman868
Haven't gotten a chance to talk to the guy yet, he just left a message on my phone. What would be a good price for it? Also, would I be able to use the head to run a talk box?

Depending on the Ohm rating, yes it would, as long as it goes to a cab again afterwards.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I owned one just got rid of it 2 days ago and had it for about 7 months. It is a pretty good solid state i would compare it to a Randall but voiced Marshall. You can get a good crunch and some really good classic rock out of it. Even new rock and some metal if you adjust the gain 2 settings and contour knob... But it is solid state so its not as good as a tube amp and it doesnt have much warmth to it. But you can get them cheap and if your looking for marshall tone its a start. I have a buddy that use's them exclusively in his band and there a metal band he just feel in love with the tone and it sounds different then the norm....